Chapter 72

She smiled as she found a new place to go to. She would visit Knowhere, a place owned by another elder of the universe.

It is the severed head of an ancient, deceased Celestial which acts as the home world of the Exitar mining colony, founded by the Collector, a relative of the Grandmaster.

It is the place where everything can be found. No matter what you want, it is bound to be there. A place where people have won millions and lose millions. A place of extreme riches and extreme poverty all combined in one place.

She believed that the Guardians have been to Knowhere due to it being so popular. Also, this time she wanted accurate news rather than vague clues to her home world.

She figured that the Collector had the best chance at it due to him being in contact with almost everyone in the universe.

But for now, she could not go yet for the rest of the crew were still sleeping. So, she waited for them to wake up. During the process she cooked for the first time. It was the first time she has tried it on this world.

Apparently, she still hasn't lost her touch. This was also her first-time cooking something that would make a child cry out of fear. There weren't many ingredients back home. But she was good at brewing, but it was a pity that there was no time.

She was in her aprons when Mantis walked in. She looked curiously at what she was trying to do.

"Thou art welcome to join me, my dear Mantis." She approached slowly.

"Miss keeper, what are you doing?"

"Cooking, my dear. Why? Hast thou not heard of it?"

"No, we just eat directly from the cans."

"Well, it is a pity then. Those food hath no soul to them. I suppose they would enjoy a home cooked meal for once."

"I think they will." She nodded as she joined her in cooking. She was clumsy girl but was eager to learn. She also told her of her experiences with Ego about how she put him to sleep.

The girl did not seem to realize how incredible of a feat that was. Imagine putting an entire living planet to sleep. She is probably the most powerful in among the guardians.

Eventually, they finished the dish and went to wake the rest of the up. They did so and ate their breakfast. She was glad they liked it. as for what she cooked, only she knew. And soon, it was time to go. The grandmaster did not come to see them off.

Quill visibly cringed as she told him to go to Knowhere but he did so obediently. On the ship, Gamora approached her once again. She looks visibly uncomfortable.

"I heard that my father paid a visit."

"Would thy father happened to go by the name Thanos."

"Yes, that is my father. I used to work for him."

"Thou needn't tell me what thine doesn't wish for."

"Yes, but I feel like I needed to. He has been hunting me down since I ran away from him. I think should leave."

"You're leaving?", it was Quill who came out.

"Why? Because of Thanos? Gamora, you don't need to leave. We are all here for you. I bet that we will kick his ass the next time."

"There is no next time. He will be more prepared by the next time."

"And we shall be stronger by next time. My dear Gamora, Quill is indeed right. There is no need for thee to leave. If thou feel bad, thou should inform us what Thanos is after."

"He wants to eliminate half of all life."

"That is the stupidest goal I have ever heard of. Why does he even want to do it?"

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal: To bring balance to the Universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre...

If he gets all six Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers, like this.", she snapped her fingers.

"You seem to know a great deal about Thanos.", Loki and Thor joined them too.

"Gamora... is the daughter of Thanos.", said Drax who also appeared. They all seem to be popping up out of nowhere. The scary thing was that she could not sense any of them joining. It is like the world itself is willing the conversation about Thanos to go on.

Something is starting to get sketchy, but it was not any fault of her. She still had plenty of souls to burn. No, something is happening. What it is, she did not know but she will leave it for now. For now, knowing more about Thanos was more important than her hunch.

"Your father nearly kill my brother.", Thor said as he approached her.

"Oh, boy. Stepfather. Technically, she hates him as much as you do."

"Families can be tough. Look. My father, he told me I had a half-sister...that he imprisoned in Hel. Then she returned home, and tried to take the throne, so... Ms. keeper had to kill her. It's life, isn't it, I guess. Goes round and round and... I feel your pain."

"And I feel your pain, as well. I mean it's not a competition, but I've been through a lot. My father killed my mother, then I had to kill my father. And that was hard. Probably even harder than having to kill a sister."

"Technically, it was our teacher that killed your father.", Loki chimed in.

There seem to be some sort of 'masculinity' competition going on. It was funny when she was the one who killed them all.

"Enough! We need to stop Thanos. Which means we need to find out where he's going next."

"Knowhere", said Thor.

"Thor... Why would he go to Knowhere?", asked Gamora.

"Because for years, the Reality Stone has been safely stored, there with a man we call the Collector."

"If it's with the Collector, then it's not safe. Only an idiot would give that man a stone."

"Or a genius."

"How do you know he's not going for one of the other Stones?"

"It's the easiest option and the other stones are still safe."

"So, it's a good thing we're going there, huh?", shrugged Rocket as he went back to tinkering with machinery.

How convenient. She happened to choose a planet and it is where they should go next. It is where they may be facing Thanos for the second time. How ... utterly convenient. Uncomfortably so.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 72.

Some parts may confuse you but those are all for the plot.

Also, I have a question. Do you prefer fanfics with their own plots like mine or one that follows the original? Leave me an answer.

Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.