Chapter 4

CHLOES POV
I woke up with a pounding headache, groaning as i struggled to get up and wash my face to try and refresh myself after the long night last night . I vaguely remember what happened as i stepped into my bathroom and washed my face and stepped out to pick clothes for after my shower. This was until i saw a note , the note read : Hey Chloe it's tay you may not remember last nights event after you blacked out but to help refresh your memory are these four words : ex,shots,fight,bonfire. Hope that helps i'll see you downstairs babe lots of love taylor!

Memories of last night flashed through my mind and that's when everything came back to me , the never have i ever game, the shots, the fight. I let out another groan dropping my head into my hands as i sat in my bed contemplating all my life choices leading to this moment. After 5 minutes of regretting everything in life i quickly got up and finished picking out my clothes and walked into the bathroom to get the shower going.

I quickly ran through my shower routine , then i stepped out dried myself and threw on a cute blue bikini set with a blue tank top that showed my stomach a little when i lifted my arms and some white shorts .

(this is the outfit if you were wondering)

After getting dressed i sat down on my vanity , and detangled my hair

After getting dressed i sat down on my vanity , and detangled my hair. I decided to leave it wet since we might have a pool or boat day today depending on everyone's mood and it wouldn't make sense to blow dry it. I did my skincare routine and put on some sunscreen and headed downstairs.

I'm pretty sure my headache was now gone but you couldn't be too sure so i was heading to the kitchen to get an Advil and a water to make sure my headache would not come back. I was shocked to see everyone there and awake and not dying of hangover in their beds. But instead they were kitchen dying of hangover in the kitchen. Cole Luke and jack had their heads on the counter top over their crossed arms , letting out groans and cursing now and then.

Trevor was sprawled out on the couch with a hand over his head and his foot over the back of the couch and his other foot dangling off the edge. Taylor was in the love seat with sunglasses on her face and a hoodie on drinking her 5th water bottle of the day hoping to flush out the toxins of the alcohol. And last there was quinn who was probably the most responsible as he was cooking breakfast for everyone.

"Morning guys" I said with a hint of enthusiasm in my tone as i was not hungover anymore. "Shhh just stop yelling" Jack said not even lifting his head up but shushing me with his finger. "Morning chloe how did u sleep?" Quinn asked me as he was plating breakfast . " Um okay i guess didn't remember anything until i read taylor's note" I spoke as i looked over at taylor and saw her making her way to the dinner table along with the rest of the guys and me.

" See Trevor i told you she would get the message" Taylor said in a duh tone to Trevor as he just scowled at her and sat down. "If this hangover doesn't kill me taylor might as well with her yelling" Trevor said as he glared at the girl as if she had yelled. "All of you idiots shut up and eat your food it's gonna help you and get rid of your hangovers" Quinn said as he finally sat down and began eating with the group as well

"Wait Luke you aren't hungover you didn't even drink ? or did you" I said speaking to Luke and squinting at him as i saw him doing the same actions that Trevor Cole , and jack were doing since Quinn wasn't as hungover " No i didn't drink but i had to deal with these idiots last night as your tough boyfriend was crying and whining like a little girl saying his hands hurt after beating the literal shit out of Jackson"

Luke snapped as he glared at jack who was mid bite into his bacon , who started choking and turning red. Luckily enough Cole was there to pat his back . " Okay first of all jack is not my boyfriend ! And you're an absolute idiot for not waking me up to help with jack so you could've gotten some sleep lukey." I said snapping back at Luke as he was grumpy.

"Okay but for real jack those punches were insane i mean you broke his jaw and nose!" Cole said with excitement beaming as he recalled last nights events. "I'm sorry you did what jack rowden Hughes! " i said not recalling him breaking both Jackson's nose and jaw. "shut up Cole" trevor whispered and kicked cole under the table.  My gaze moved from cole and trevor's whispering argument to jack. "Jack show me your hands". I said staring at him as his hands were under the table

"It's not even that bad but promise to not get mad at me when i show you?" jack said looking at me in a questioning way waiting for my answer. "Fine yes i won't get mad now show me your damn hands hughes" i said to him waiting for me to show me his hands. He slowly lifted them from under the table showing me his hands as his knuckles were red with a purple - ish hue. "Jack!" I said as i gasped staring at his hands. "come on follow me to the kitchen to clean your knuckles up" I said as i got up and motioned him to follow me.

Now in the kitchen i told him to stay there while i went to the closet to see if there was any first aid kits in there luckily i found it and i made my way back into the kitchen where jack was waiting with a lost puppy look on his face

I set down the first aid kit as i jumped up on the counter top while jack stood in between my legs letting me grab his hands to inspect them. Then i carefully grabbed his hands and started applying this healing bruise cream where it was starting to bruise and then wrapping it up in bandages. "What" i said as i snapped at jack who was staring at me while i wrapped his hands in the bandage. I didn't mean to come off as rude but jack could've done some serious damage to his hand or even worse break it i was just worried about him and his well being.

"Nothing your just cute when angry" He said with a playful smirk gracing his lips, god his lips i wish i could kiss him right now , wait what no what am i thinking he's your best-friend duh. "Just shut up i was really worried about you , you can't be getting into fights especially when you're a famous hockey player" i said in a duh tone rolling my eyes at the boy. "Chlo are you mad?" he said lifting my chin with his free hand and looking at me with puppy eyes and a sad smile. "No i just don't want you to be getting hurt jacky" I said looking up at him finally and giving him sad eyes.

"i didn't mean to you know i was just trying to defend you , although i know you can defend yourself of course im not saying that your not capable to defend yourself" Jack said rambling. "Jack" I said looking at him "yeah" he said meeting my gaze "shut up please" i said a playful smile appearing on my lips as i started giggling at his rambling. "So mean chloe" Jack said with humor laced in his voice
——————————————————————————-

CLIFFHANGER PLEASE DONT HATE ME GUYS NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE OUT LATER LATER TONIGHT on a serious note tho im like changing the plot of the story cause originally their first kiss was supposed to be them drunken and at chloe's birthday party but oh well

edited 02.20.2024

i changed how they were cause it would be weird that jack was on the countertop so now instead it's chloe on the counter top and jack in between her legs

edited 03.07.2024

i changed it again they didn't have their first kiss this time cause it's too soon this is supposed to be a slow burn i just couldn't handle myself so i changed it 😇