Chapter 11

CHLOES POV

He meant everything to me. He was the rainbow at the end of the dark and cold storm. He was the dollar bill you found under the couch. He was the toy you found in your box of cereal. He was everything to me so why couldn't i be everything to him?

2 HOURS BEFORE

I entered the house with Luke laughing as we made our way upstairs. Our laughs were so loud and contagious it could cheer anyone up. We walked upstairs and noticed it was eerily quiet so we quickly calmed down careful to not make too much noise as we tried looking for everyone in the house. We didn't find anyone upstairs so we quickly made our way downstairs. We had gotten everyone breakfast since we knew they probably hadn't ate. As we made our way outside that's where we saw everyone, expect someone was missing.

It was almost like my mind was programmed to always look for him in every room. I searched outside with my eyes scanning to see if i could find his mop of brunette hair. I didn't but i just shrugged it off he could still be sleeping i thought to myself as i sat down at one of the tables and engaged in the conversations. Everything was going well that was until jack walked in. Finally i thought to myself as my eyes sparkled under the sun and i grinned. Only for that smile to drop faster then it appeared on my face. He had a hickey on his neck. The purple and black-ish bruise glistened under the sun.

Or atleast that's what i thought it was. I really hoped i was wrong. Luke quickly followed my eyes before he snorted and hit Trevor on the arm signaling to jacks neck.Clearly Luke had thought the hickey was from me. But how could it be if i was with luke all morning? Trevor's eyes turned into slits as he abruptly got up. Everyone's conversation stopped as they all turned around to see what was going on. Gasping as they all turned their eyes to jacks neck then me then Trevor. It was like they were piecing together a puzzle. Expect it was the wrong puzzle because i was not a piece of this puzzle. "You better give me a good explanation hughes" Trevor said in a dark voice as he drilled bullets into jack with his eyes.

Jack's eyes quickly widened before he put his hands up in defense "No no trev this isn't what it looks like" he tried explaining to my fuming brother who was a ticking bomb ready to set off at any time. I stood up as well looking in between jack and my brother before i spoke up. "Trevor he isn't lying i had nothing to do with that" i spoke in a quick and hurried voice as i pointed over to jacks neck. I tried ignoring everyone's piercing gaze on us. Trevor was still fuming not believing anything of what was coming out of our mouths. "Oh really like i would believe that" he spat out as he looked in between us in disbelief.

"I promise you i was with Luke this whole time this morning i haven't seen jack at all since around 8 PM last night" i tried reasoning with my brother. No matter how flirty we were it had never gotten to intimate stuff. It had never gotten to that point, although sometimes i wished our flirty banter was more i knew jack would never try something with his best friend's twin sister. "I still don't believe it how do i not know you did something" trevor pointed to jack as jacks eyes widened in disbelief at his best friend accusing him of taking advantage of me. "Dude Trevor i would never" jack spoke firmly as he rushed out the words. They weren't lies he would never touch a hair on my head without my brother knowing.

"Alright so then who am i supposed to guess those are from hm?"

*Trevor asked as his shoulder dropped a bit but he was still standing up with his chest puffed out. And that's when the shock of my brother accusing us wore off. That's when the pain truly had hit me. Who had the hickey been from? and when did this even happen? Jack dropped his hands as his shoulders sagged and he looked down to the ground as a voice called its way through our gate and into our backyard. And that's when i saw her golden brown curls pop into frame. And that's when my whole world froze.