Chapter 77- The Interrogation

" I said what I said, what are you going to do about it?" I didn't give her the chance to keep talking as I held her by her arm, she tried to pull away but my grip was tight.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and called the detective.

" Come to my house immediately, I think we have a suspect," I said as I ended the call and dragged her into the sitting room.

" What do you mean suspect? What are you talking about?" She asked still struggling to free her hand but l wasn't having it.

" If you fucking move again, you wouldn't have the fucking chance to be proved right or wrong, I'll just set you on fire, don't try me," She knew what was better for her because she stopped struggling.

I pushed her to sit on the couch, while she just watched me with her hands rubbing where I held like she was bleeding, she should just pray the interrogation proves her innocent, or else she would have blood flowing down that skin for real.

" What is wrong with you and your sick ass crazy bitch? You are harassing me," she didn't know she was already in the lion's den, and even worse she was touching his tail.

" First you barge into my house like you own the place and then you accuse me of harassing you, you know you've got some nerves right?" After that she became quiet.

soon enough the inspector arrived and I took a sit with Jane sitting beside me.

I couldn't wait any longer, I had to find out who the fuck tried to take Jane's life.

My entire staff was lined up and I could feel how tense the atmosphere was, I didn't give a shit, if I had to sit here for two days I didn't care for as long as I would be able to find who that fucker was.

The inspector started with the first person, a maid stationed in Jane's wing.

" What's your name?" He asked her as he stood in front of her with his hands behind him.

" Lilly," She simply replied, and as I looked at her all I could see was confidence, like she wasn't afraid of anything. She wouldn't be so confident if she turned out to be the one I've been looking for.

" Lilly, where were you at the time of the fire?" The inspector asked as he circled her, I could tell he wanted to intimidate her but Lilly didn't look anything near intimidated, if anything she still maintained the confidence she had from the beginning, let's see how this goes.

" At the time of the fire I was in my room, I got to know about it when everywhere became loud, I had to come out and see what was going on," she said.

" Okay Lilly, so where were you before the fire,"

" In the kitchen, I helped with dinner,"

" Can I ask you a question Lilly?" The inspector asked as he took a sit, I just watched.

" Do you think there's anyone who hates your boss's wife?" Wife? I liked the sound of that.

" I don't know of any sir,"

" Okay, Lilly, that will be all you can leave." He said and she walked away.

He kept interrogating every one of my staff. The video showed a person with a small statue but I wasn't going to take any chances, for all, I knew it could all be planned, so even my guards were questioned.

We haven't gotten any information from any of my staff so far, from the shit they were all saying, they all were innocent, but we weren't done.

Now it was time to ask the witch herself.

" Sofia, I'm I right?" The detective asked.

" Glad you know my name, you should be given a Grammy, " she said as rolled her eyes standing up as he beckoned her over.

" Where were.... "

" You at the night of the incident?..." She cut his words.

" I was clubbing, after he decided to break up with me, I had to have fun." She told the detective who didn't look too pleased at being interrupted.

" And if you're wondering if I hate her,...." She said as she pointed towards Jane.

" I don't hate her enough to want her dead but she's fucking annoying, not to mention she's pregnant, " Did she want me to believe that? She could just have her father's blood running through her veins, he caused people sorrow for a living, after all a lion cannot give birth to a goat.

" Come to think of it, I think I saw someone," what was she driving at now? She turned as if she was searching for something.

" Her," She said as she pointed to one of the maids who was yet to be questioned.

" I remember clearly that night I was on my way to Preggy's room to pour out my anger on her but she was sleeping, so I changed my mind and turned back, I decided to go partying instead then on my way downstairs I met her, she was dressed in complete black and a hoodie and I found that weird," As she said this, I turned to look at the maid she was referring to.

What if she was lying? She could blame someone else to save herself, but this maid's eyes gave away all I needed to know but I acted like I hadn't seen what I wanted, make her believe she was safe.

" How do I know you're not lying?" I turned to Sofia and I could see the relief on the maid's face, but I played her game.

" Believe what you want, I've told you all I can I'm not saying anything because there isn't any to say,"

" So where did you spend the night after your partying?" The inspector interjected.

" What the fuck is wrong with you guys?"

" Just answer the goddamn question," I boomed in anger.

" I went to my house,"

" Because you already paid someone to do your dirty deeds and take the blame then pretend not to be in the arena of the fire, don't you think that a little fishy, How much did you pay her?"

" You're fucking crazy!! All of you! " She said trying to storm out of the room but the inspector stopped her.

" If you move an inch you'll be giving us more reason to suspect you, I suggest you get back here and sit down, you've got some questions to answer."