~15~

POV Lizzy: 

Logan and I have been dating for a few weeks now and I haven't felt this good in a long time, he is doing everything he can to show me what a good relationship should be like. I finally feel free to do the things I like to do, I also let my friends know that I was ready to see them again, they were all surprised that I still had time for them, everyone had obviously heard or read that I was dating Logan and everyone was curious about him. I invited them to a girls' night at my house where I would tell them all about Logan and introduce them to Lily. I haven't heard from Dominic, thankfully, and honestly I don't really care what he's doing right now, I feel happy and that's what matters.

I look forward to seeing my friends and I hope they like Lily as much as I do. Because of my relationship with Dominic, I've pushed a lot of people aside over the years, so I'm glad that the girls who come by today didn't just drop me, even though I did with them. "Lily! Do we have enough glasses?" Lily shrugs. "No idea, I don't know what you're up to, but there will be five of us later, it's not like a whole group is coming." I walked nervously from the living room to the kitchen and back until the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, my friends were there. "Hi honey! We all came together to save on gas." I hugged them all and let them in.

I I go into the kitchen to pour everyone a glass of wine, the girls have apparently introduced themselves to Lily and as I walk in I can already hear them asking her all sorts of things about me and Logan. "Nora! Couldn't you have waited until I told you myself?" I tell her as I hand her a glass. Nora always likes to know the latest gossip, then there's Kelly, who's always been a bit like the mother of the group, except when she's not feeling well herself and drinks wine like it's water, then there's Anne, she's the smallest of the group, but also the one you don't want to argue with, because with her short temper she'll attack you in a heartbeat.

I tell my friends about my breakup with Dominic and how I met Logan, I also tell them that I'm afraid of moving too fast with Logan or that he might suddenly say he's not into it anymore because of all the things that have happened lately. We talk about all kinds of things all evening, so it is very late when they go home, Lily stays here with me tonight, so I feel a little calmer.

POV Dominic:

I have been "dating" Willow for a few weeks now, we can often be found in the park where Lizzy often is, I chose this on purpose, after all, what she can do, I can do, she needs to get the idea that I have moved on with my life and this should give the impression that I am not behind the messages she receives. I remained silent for a while, watching her and Logan. I still don't really understand what she has to do with this boy, what's so nice about him and what does he have that I don't?

Today I met Willow again in the park, we have a regular place where we meet and then go for a walk. I'm on my way to the park, I really don't feel like going today, but it has to look sincere to her, my mind is busy with another plan I dreamed about last night. As I pass through the entrance to the park, I try to focus my attention on the people in the park, how many people are here at this time of day and where are the quiet places, I try to take in as much as I can of what is going on around me, then it is Willow's voice that pulls me out of my thoughts. "Hi Dominic!" I look at her from head to toe and greet her with a small nod of my head. "Everything OK?" She asks when I say nothing else. "Just give me a second, I need to call a friend." I say gruffly and walk away without waiting for her answer, feeling that she is looking at me and cannot appreciate the comment.

"Sorry, I really had to call him, I needed his help for a moment." I apologize as I walk back to her. "How are you today?" I continue with a fake smile, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me for a hug. "I'm fine, what was so urgent that it couldn't wait?" "I needed transportation for my move, which suddenly came to me." I lie to her. We walk our regular route through the park and, as I had hoped, we run into Lizzy again, but this time she is alone, my eyes follow her and Willow does not fail to notice. "Do you know her?" I shake my head no. "I thought it was weird that she looked so much like you, so I looked at her for a while." Willow looks back and now follows Lizzy. "Yes, now that you mention it, I see what you mean." We finish our walk through the park and talk some more before Willow has to go to work. I stay in the park for a while, studying the people and the surroundings again, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, my eyes also searching for Lizzy, who I had not seen leaving the park yet. I find her somewhere on a bench with a book in her hands and her ears in, something I have seen her do before.

POV Logan:

I go to the gym where I agreed to meet Alex and Oscar, I'm a little late because I overslept, when I go in I see the boys are already in the back of the gym working out, I quickly put my bag and a locker in the locker room and join them. "Good morning Logan, glad you decided to join us." Oscar jokes, but I can't really laugh. I can't wait until next week when the summer break is over and I'm out of this place. "Are you okay? Do you look tired?" Alex asks and I shrug, trying to change the subject.

I try my best to keep up with them during training, but I realize that the sleepless nights I am experiencing more and more are starting to break me down. "Maybe James was right." Two questioning faces look at me. "About Lizzy." "The woman you work with on the clothing line?" I shake my head, the last thing I want to do is involve more people in this situation, but well, I have known Oscar for a long time and know that he can be trusted, so I quickly explain to him what is going on. "This doesn't seem like a good thing, are you sure you like her that much?" is the first comment I get from Oscar. Again I shrug my shoulders, I'm not sure about anything right now, but what am I supposed to do? I can't just dump her, especially after I promised her that I would be there for her. "Maybe you should tell her that you're still being harassed with messages and anonymous phone calls." Alex says. "I try to talk to Lizzy about it as little as possible, I don't want to bother her every time, it will stop automatically if we don't react, right?" So this is really what I was hoping would happen if we left it alone, but in the end it turned out to have exactly the opposite effect. 

A/N:After thinking for a long time about what I wanted to do with this book, I finally decided to make the story a little less about things I have experienced in toxic relationships. (These things are reflected in the first few chapters.) The chapters after that have a little more to do with fiction. (Chapter 16 to probably 35) This doesn't take away from the fact that there is less tension and drama, but maybe a little more, I want to focus my attention a little more on Dominic's thoughts and actions. So for those of you still following the book and waiting for updates, they are definitely coming and I hope you find them thrilling!