TWO

AMELIE'S P.O.V

Madison and I arrived to the venue that the Grammys was being held at just mere minutes before the event was about to start. It was a hassle getting into the venue because of the crowd and the heavy rain that was falling from the sky, but eventually we made it in and we got to walk the red carpet. My first red carpet event, ever.

Everyone looked so gorgeous, all dressed up in their fancy dresses and suits. As Madison and I started to look for our seats, I was stopped in my tracks when I caught a glimpse of the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen in my life. She had short hair, it being a few inches above her shoulders and she was wearing a black long skirt and a matching black tube top. She was absolutely stunning from heat to toe. As I stood looking at the mysterious girl for a few seconds more, I felt a harsh poke on my shoulder.

"AMELIE! Are you okay?" Madison had whisper-yelled into my ear, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Yea Mads, sorry I just zoned out for a second. I guess I'm just a little nervous" I managed to mutter out to her, spewing out a lie so she wouldn't bombard me with a ton of questions.

"Don't be nervous, even if you win or lose you have done great this year. Now let's hurry and find our seats it's going to start soon." Madison said while urging us to our table, and sitting down in our respected seats.

As the event progressed I got to see all these amazing people win and accept their awards. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I was ever going to be in the same room as Lana del Rey or Taylor swift. Let alone be nominated for something I've dreamed of since I was a little girl.
Even if I don't win tonight I'm very grateful to be here and to have experienced something this.

Time passed rather quickly and before I knew it was time for the "Best new artist" of this year to be announced. The video package of all the nominees for this category had started to play and I was starting to realize all the amazing people I had been pinned up against. There was no way I was going to win against someone like Noah Kahan, he's a fucking legend. I then noticed her. The mysterious girl I had been staring at earlier was also nominated for best new artist. I learned her name was Gracie Abrams, and that she had a beautiful voice. She definitely deserves this award.

As the video package ended the people who were giving the award began to read the card that contained the winner to this category. "And the Grammy goes too...AMELIE WILLOWS!"

Holy shit.

No way, I actually fucking won. I fucking won, against all these amazing people.

I slowly got up from my seat, in disbelief that I had not only won, but won against some of the greatest new artists ever.

When I was up I was met with a huge hug from Madison and a standing ovation from the other celebrities and the crowd. I jogged to the stage, giving a few hugs to some people on the way. I stepped on the stage, holding back tears that were threatening to spill out. I can't believe this is real.

I accepted the award, my award and thanked the people who gave it to me. I stood in front of the microphone and looked out to everyone sitting out in the crowd. All eyes were on me and I was very nervous, but I preserved through and gave the best speech I possibly could have with all the emotions I was feeling.

In my speech I thanked everyone I could possibly think of. My parents, my friends, my team and most all my fans. I shared how grateful I was to receive this award and how I've dreamed of this since I was a little girl. Before I knew it my speech was over and I was back at my seat, hugging and thanking everyone who congratulated me.

Is this what it feels like to be on cloud nine?