𝟗

ELSIE

He lied when he said that it was going to be a small wedding.

There were more than hundred people here. I was expecting at most twenty.

I pushed the curtains back on its place and fanned my face. I was definitely not prepared for this. Did Fenix consider this a small gathering?

His whole family was here and friends. All of them in suits and nice elegant dresses. Never in my life have I witnessed something like this.

I worked at a luxurious restaurant but I have never seen so many people dressed so formally in one place.

"Does this look good?" Aspen spoke behind me and I turned around, my hand immediately flying to my stomach that was tucked in a corset.

The wedding dress Bridget chose for me was heavenly beautiful. It was made out a soft silky material and flew down my legs elegantly.

The corset was making it hard to breathe. Or maybe it was just the fact that I was getting married in half an hour.

Aspen was retouching her make up. Her blond hair was straightened and was falling down her back. The baby blue dress clung to her body and made her slender figure even more flattering.

"Elsie?" She spoke again and I connected my eyes with hers.

"Yeah?"

"You look pale. You okay?"

"I'm nervous, that's all." She jutted her lip and her eyes softened. She stood up from the chair and walked towards me with long strides.

"You look stunning. And that man over there, wherever he is, is going to faint when he sees you." She chuckled and tried to poke my stomach but her face quickly morphed into pain when her finger hit my corset.

"Ouch! I forgot about that." She looked down at her hand. "And I almost broke my nail."

"That's what you get when you try to tickle me." Aspen knew how ticklish I was and every time my mood was down, she tried to cheer me up with it.

I let out a sigh and wrapped my arms around her. She quickly did the same and I rested my forehead on her shoulder.

"Elsie everything will be fine. Please, you're breaking my heart like this. You're gonna make me cry." She pulled away and her eyes bore into mine.

"I told you I'm on a rich husband hunt today. I have to look my best." A laugh broke through my lips and I shook my head at her words. She was something else.

"That's right. You should laugh and not sulk." She brought her hands to my veil and fixed the top of it.

My hair was down and curled in luscious locks. My make up was extremely beautiful and I stared at myself the whole time the team painted my face.

I loved makeup and try to do it whenever I had time. But I have never had it done professionally. It looked stunning.

The necklace sat on my chest and I ran my fingers over it. It was a birthday gift. I keep it safe at all cost but I wanted to wear it today. It made me feel safer. Knowing I had something that means a lot to me, eased my nerves a bit.