𝟏𝟐

FENIX

Elsie.

Elsie has been on my mind more than I would like.

What was about her that made me think of her all the damn time? It has been four days since our wedding. I thought that after we get married and she settles into my home, we'll avoid each other and everything would be fine.

But I found myself leaving work way too early and going back to her.

I never had anyone to go home to and I never even thought of that. Now that she's in my house, I can't wait to finish with work and leave. Her and Ian have brought life into the house.

The car stopped and Kieran stepped outside and I did the same.

Today I had to meet up with one of my friends. He was visiting town and I had to check on one of the shipments that arrived last night.

"Ludovico and Juan made an alliance, their children are getting married. That boy is barely eighteen. I don't know how are they going to marry them. I assume the girl is the same age." Kieran talked while we walked into the warehouse.

The tall rusty doors were open and workers were moving in and out.

"They will be holding a party or something." Ludovico has always been a reckless man when it came to making business and I'm not surprised he would push his son into marriage this soon.

Juan was no better. Letting your daughter into that family must be the stupidest decision he has ever made.

"I'll have to confirm if you'll go." He said.

"I'll go with Elsie." I wasn't planning on dragging Elsie to any of the functions but I'm sure she'll appreciate going out of the house and attending something more glamorous.

Ludovico will definitely put a lot of effort into the party. She can use some fun time.

"How's everything going by the way? Have you told her already?"

"Told her what?"

"That you like her." Kieran pulled out a packet of cigarettes from his pocket and smirked at me when I turned my head to him.

I swear it's like he wanted to get in trouble. He placed the white stick between his lips and lit it. The disgusting smell of the smoke circled around us. "What?" He shrugged his shoulders.

I didn't have the nerve to talk to him right now about this because I know he will piss me off even more than he already has.

My friend Gorge was supposed to arrive in about half an hour so we used the time to go over the shipments.

My mind was constantly going back to Elsie and Ian and what they were doing but I tried to put those thoughts away.

Why did I have to even think about it? She was probably just home, waiting for the time to pick up Ian from school.

Leon has been informing me on everything and I was glad that Elsie was being comfortable with him and Winston.

When Gorge finally arrived, we immediately got into the important conversation. I didn't have time to waste, also I had to call Leon and ask him if Elsie and Ian are home safe.