𝟐𝟔

ELSIE

As soon as I felt the sun on my face, I extended my hands and roamed them on the bed next to me.

It was empty and cold.

It's like no one even slept there. Where was Fenix? Did he go to work?

I slowly started to open my eyes and looked around. The door was slightly open and the bathroom was empty.

I pulled the covers over myself and stretched my hands and legs. A blush coated my face and neck when I realised what happened before we went to bed.

We took a shower together.

Oh God...

Fenix saw me completely naked last night. I groaned and turned around, burying my face in the soft pillows.

What possessed me to do that?

I have barely kissed two people and last night, I allowed myself to strip bare in front of him.

But I felt safe with him. He would never hurt me or say something bad to me. It was just a shower and then we went to bed, nothing else.

We just did what probably most couples do, not need for me to make a big deal out of it.

After I rotted in my embarrassment for a couple of more minutes, I pulled off the covers and stood up. I walked over to the closet, took some clothes and went to change in the bathroom.

When my eyes connected to the mirror, I groaned in frustration. My hair was a mess and my eyes were puffy from crying.

Why did I have to look like someone electrocuted me every morning?

I changed, peed, washed my face, brushed my teeth and then got out.

My feet tapped on the floor as I made my way out of my room. I had to check up on Ian.

When I got closer to his room, I heard faint voices. The door to his bedroom was also slightly open and I walked quietly.

I peeked through and a smile immediately reached my lips when I saw Fenix and Ian inside.

Ian was standing in front of the mirror and Fenix was fixing his hair.

"Is it going to look like yours?" Ian asked and tilted his head slightly.

"Of course it will."

I rested my shoulder on the door frame and crossed my hands in front of me. I continued to watch them interact.

"Dad can I have a little brother? My friend in school said that he has a small brother he plays with." At his first word, my heart stopped for a second.

He called him Dad...

Ian hasn't said anything about that to me. Maybe he asked Fenix about it. Tears started to gloss my eyes.

He doesn't call me mom and I'm completely fine with it. He started calling me Eli since he was very young and that's how it stayed. I have never had a problem with it.

He was able to call me however he pleased. But hearing him call Fenix dad made painful happiness beam in my chest.

And then the rest of his sentence started to piece together as well. A little brother.

My stomach turned and flipped at the thought of having Fenix's children one day.

"Hopefully in the future. You'll have to ask Elsie about that."

"Okay." Ian nodded.

Fenix continued to style his hair and then corrected his outfit.

Seeing him with Ian made me want to be pregnant literally right now. It's no secret that he will be an amazing father to our children.