chapter ten . the evil brother

SILVER

IT TOOK TATIJANA A WHILE, but she finally ended up losing her sister whilst roaming the castle. She didn't want to be with anyone. Tatijana just wanted to be alone, and she hoped Danika would come to understand that.

     Slowly she walked around looking around with sad eyes.

     Was tragedy always meant to happen in her family? It seemed so.

     Out of all of her siblings Mileena didn't deserve to die. In all honesty she was hoping if she could she'd trade Wendeline for Mileena. Wendeline didn't deserve life.

     As she walked she heard footsteps slowly walk to her, and she hesitantly turned around.

     "Are you stalking me?" Tatijana asked Darkowe as he approached her, hands behind his back.

     "I wanted to speak with you," he said and she raised an eyebrow as she stopped moving.

     "What could you possibly want to discuss with me?" she questioned.

     "I wanted to officially declare my affection for you," he said, reaching out his hand towards her and grabbing her hand but she immediately snatched her hand away.

     Darkowe didn't miss a beat. "I know right now you're probably unsure but I know you will come to return my feelings as well."

     "What makes you so sure?" she questioned and held her breath as he walked closer to her until they were mere centimeters away.

     He stared down at her and she stared into his eyes, wanting to look away but she wasn't going to back down.

     "You are nothing but the evil brother. The undesirable one," she said and held her breath when his left hand shot towards her throat.

     He didn't squeeze but his gaze was slightly hard as he observed her.

     "If anyone else said that they'd be eating their own tongue right now," Darkowe whispered darkly.

     "I may not be the kindest person alive but I'm what my brother cannot be. I'm necessary... Tatijana you're one to judge," he said, tracing his hand down the side of her face and she shivered.

     "I see a darkness raging behind your eyes and it fascinates me. I want to ignite it and see it burn," Darkowe said, his hands lingering in her hair.

     She didn't say anything and he suddenly began to bring his head lower. Tatijana immediately turned away and his lips fell upon her cheek.

     "You're fighting a losing battle my dear," Darkowe said, his lips brushing her ear.

     "I will continue fighting," Tatijana hissed, pushing his arm away from her.

     "There is nothing dark within me," she declared walking away from him, and he followed after her.

     "Tell me what you're thinking right now then," he said. "Be honest."

     Tatijana bit her bottom lip and frowned.

     "You see. You deny who you truly are instead of embracing it. It's nothing to be ashamed of Tatijana," he said and she scoffed.

     "Well I don't want to be a monster like you," she spat and he made her turn around.

     "When you speak ill of others make sure to look them in the eyes," Darkowe said, grabbing her roughly by the chin and making her stare at him.

     Her body shook but she remained still, holding his gaze.

     "I heard of how you slaughtered all of those villages in Hazgroz. You are the demon in everyone's nightmares. Didn't even have mercy for the children," Tatijana said, her voice low but her words clear.

     "Everyone's the enemy," he said, letting her go and standing up straighter. "Something you'll come to learn."

     "A good leader would know that's not true," she told him.

     "A smarter one thinks it because it's the only way they'll be motivated to protect their kingdom," Darkowe immediately rebuttals.

     "My brother, he is a good man but he is no leader. He doesn't have the stomach to run a whole kingdom; he is not ready. He would at best be more suited for an advisor position," he said and Tatijana laughed.

     "You think you can do a better job than he can?" she questioned.

     "I know I can," he grinned.

     "You will come to rely on me Tatijana I promise you that," he said and she stared at him.

      "I'm sorry but your affection for me will pass. I am not the woman you want and you're not the man I want," she said and he chuckled.

      "You are and nothing can change my mind."

______________________________

Word Count: 727
Overall Word Count: 10327