ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

I batted my eyelashes at the sound of my alarm going off, letting me know it was time to get up and that my wonderful slumber of peace is over

I batted my eyelashes at the sound of my alarm going off, letting me know it was time to get up and that my wonderful slumber of peace is over. — I reached over and grabbed my phone and tapped the stop button to turn off my alarm, and as tempted as I was to close my eyes again, I decided to get up.

"Adrian baby, are you up?" my mom said as she softly knocked on my door.

"Yes ma'am, I'm up. Getting ready now." I responded

"Okay just making sure, Be ready in an hour." She said as she walked off, probably back to her room to get ready for work.

God I really really hate monday's.. but at least this was my
last year being in this hell hole.

I finally rose from my bed and walked into my bathroom to start getting myself together. Honestly if you ask me 2 months is not a long enough summer break, but I guess something is better than nothing.

As I started washing  my face I heard my phone going off again, except this time it was the ringtone and not the alarm.

Once I reached my phone I seen that it was my bestfriend Alyssa facetiming me so I answered with no hesitation.

"Good morning bestie!" She said sounding happy

"Good morning bookie." I said trying to match her level of enthusiasm and excitement.

"Aren't you so excited for this year? Like oh my god it's our last year!" She said to me while I walked back into my bathroom to finish getting ready, propping up the phone in the process.

"Yess, I know. I'm kind of excited but also anxious like I'm
ready to get it over with." I said

"Your impatient ass." She said as she began laughing , I laughed along with her because she wasn't lying.

"Who's your first period?" I asked as I began brushing my teeth.

"Umm." She said as she looked behind her phone, I'm assuming that's where her schedule was. "Mrs. Williams!" She said making my eyes go wide and my lips to form a smile. "Omg bitch do we have the same class?" she asked with with a smile and I nodded my head.

"Yess, & I heard she's super nice." I said after spitting the tooth paste into the sink and going back in for another round of brushing my teeth.

Once I finished what I was doing in the bathroom I carried
my phone and conversation to my bedroom, finally starting to get dressed. I decided on a white T-shirt that was tight fitted, a pink varsity letterman jacket, some jeans and some white, pink, & red dunks.

"Oh that is cuute! I want that jacket!" Alyssa said while I finished tying my shoes.

"Uhm. I'll think on that because you still have my camp bape jacket." I said

"Oop, gotta go, see ya at school!" Alyssa said getting up and hanging up the phone as I just shook my head.  She better be glad I love her, honestly.

"You ready pooh?" My mom said softly knocking on my
door again. This time I just walked over to it and opened the door to see her struggling to put on her watch.