Chapter 2

Lavanya's Pov
As I went outside my room I saw Dadi sitting there. She called me out
'Lavanya puttar come come,sit here'
she pointed out to a seat beside her...
My widowed Dadi was such a sweetheart ,unlike her son and daughter in law,she was of jovial nature...
I sat beside her and she started asking me about my preferences regarding an ideal husband...
I told her that as for me I don't have any preferences of my own,whatever will be my family's preference will be my preference I said...
She wasn't really convinced with that answer...but I soon enough diverted the topic to something else...
At that time I saw the great Rajeev Khurana coming towards us...
May I also know what is cooking between Dadi and granddaughter...
'Nothing' ,I said'actually we were having our daily loose talks'I added
'Oh, is it 'he said
'Mr...sorry, dad I wanted to talk to you about something...'
'What say Beta feel free to tell me anything'he said
'Dad can you give me some post in your office'I said bravely...
'But why beta,are you not comfortable at home'he asked me
'No its not like that,actually I wanted to engage myself in something after all that has happened in the past two months'I told him
'But beta,I feel its not the right time,after one month or so you will be going from here and at this time, engaging yourself in the activities of the office is not a good idea' He said.
'What time Dad?' I asked not knowing what he said...
'Didn't Dadi tell you about it'he asked
'About what'I asked
'Actually, I was about to tell her about it but by then you came' Dadi said.
'Oh .... ,So Beta actually we have arranged your marriage'Dad said
'But dad I am not ready for a marriage now,its been only 2 months since I've come here and you arranged my marriage so soon'I said
He took two minutes and said
'Beta ,I know that ,you don't know our customs and things but I am superconfident that you will turn out to be a good wife'he said.
'But dad the matter is not about being a good wife...'I said
'No ifs and buts' he said ' I am not requesting you to get married ,I am giving an order...You have to get married means you have to get married' he said...
A lone tear escaped my right eye... I felt very bad...
If I was with the Iyers they would have never compelled me for a marriage...
They have always told me that education is more important than marriage ,but these Khuranas they no sense of shame telling their daughter to get married at an early age...
'I was damn perplexed...What should I do...'

Hey readers please vote and comment as your vote means a lot to me...
And for furthur story please stay tuned...