-Chapter 11-

Arjun grabbed the car keys from Roohi before she could take the wheel

Arjun grabbed the car keys from Roohi before she could take the wheel. She hissed at him but he shrugged it off. He wanted to drive. After a long day at the school he was desperate to unwind. Roohi settled in the back seat, she refused to sit beside him and stare at his moronic face. Abhi wanted to sit at the back but Arjun opened the passenger seat door for him.

"Driver nehi hoon main tera (I am not your driver), come sit in the front." Arjun drawled. Abhi got in without an argument. he liked to sit in the front. It helped him unwind. He like to feel the fresh air on a drive, but the rockstar always kept the windows shut. He did not complain. It was the rockstar's car. He was free drive the way he liked.

Arjun started the car. Abhi closed his eyes. The interview drained him. He was putting on an act, he did not know how far he succeeded. His phone vibrated startling him out of his thoughts. He looked at the message and checked it immediately.

"Congratulation's, bacha" 

Abhi's eyes widened. The results were not yet out. They had to wait for 48 hours. 

"Result nehi aya, bhaiya (The results are not yet out, bhaiya.") He texted back.

There was no reply. He waited anxiously, but sighed when there was no reply. Arjun looked at him.

"What happened?" He saw the look of disappointment on his face and questioned. Abhi shook his head. 

"You look upset?"

Abhi shook his head again.

"Worried about the result?"

Abhi looked away.

Arjun did not press. He could feel his nervousness and disappointment. Waiting for results was never easy. He had first hand experience. A little bit of anticipation did not hurt any one. He believed in it, but he wanted Abhi to relax. Since the day he had walked into their home, Arjun had never seen the boy smile. For some reason he wanted to see him smile. So he changed directions and made his way to the mall. A little bit of shopping uplifted anyone's mood. Even Roohi the, the ice lady, loved shopping. It would ensure he go got a good meal for the night. What more could he ask.

When he stopped the car in front of the mall, Roohi shot draggers at him.

"What are we doing here, AR?"

"Shopping, princess! What else do people do in a mall?" Arjun drawlled.

"Why did you not tell me about this before. We do not have security planned out."

"You have a very good security team, princess. I am sure they will shadow us every where. Stop fretting and give yourself a break. They an excellent shoe boutique here. I am sure you will like to check it out."

Roohi's eyes flickered. Shoes were her only weakness. She rarely got a chance to parade in her high heals but she loved them dearly. That was the only thing she splurged on. Arjun had caught on early.