-Epilogue-

Requests open for the one shot till Friday Midnight. Comment under the one shot to get your request fulfilled. All readers will be duly acknowledged.

When Abhi opened his eyes he found himself encased in Arjun's arms

When Abhi opened his eyes he found himself encased in Arjun's arms. A warm felling settled in his belly as his lips curved into a smile. He was with him bhaiyu. He wanted to turn around and snuggle, but then he remembered what happened and got up with a start, disturbing Arjun's sleep.

Arjun rubbed sleep from his eyes, got up and gently wrapped his arms around the boy. The night before had been hell. Abhi was suffering though nightmares. The doctor had administered a mild sedative, but it weaned away over the night. Abhi was restless till Arjun took him into his arms, once he felt Arjun's warmth, he slept like a baby. Arjun looked at the desk clock, that been only for two hours. His eyes were burning. He needed the sleep and so did the boy.

"Soja, bacha. (Sleep, bacha)" He patted Abhi's back gently. "You need to rest"

Abhi looked at him though the black eye. His face was badly bruised. Arjun's blood bubbled up every time he saw the boy's face. Jinesh had a merciful death, he had it too easy. In a way he wanted him dead, that was why he made sure the gun landed in the monsters arms. He knew the security team would not spare him for targeting him, but Arjun had not planned for Abhi to shoot.

The boy was dealing with enough trauma, he did not wish to add on to that. He should have found another way to rid the world of the pig. It was too late for regrets. The man was dead, which in a way was best for Abhi's peace, but now they had to deal with a traumatic child.

"Did I kill him?" Abhi's eyes looked haunted.

Before Arjun could answer Roohi walked inside. She was not able to sleep after what happened. Abhi's condition worried her. The moment she saw the lights turn on she walked inside. Abhi's eyes filled up as he saw her. Roohi walked to her and gently engulfed him in her arms. She had been waiting to do that since they brought the boy back to the hotel. She had given him word that she would protect him, and failed to fulfil her oath. The guilt was eating her alive.