-Chapter 18-

If you have not read the announcement in News and Chats, Do check the Video

The gym was the one place that gave Arjun solace

The gym was the one place that gave Arjun solace. The exertion helped him focus better. The dull sound of his throbbing heartbeats, helped him concentrate. A new tune was forming in his head. he could hear the melody as clearly as he could see the day light. His hands were inching to reach for the guitar.

He stopped the treadmill abruptly. he could not let the tune go. A sense of urgency overwhelmed him. He rushed to his room and reached for his guitar. The most melodious music filled the air. Each note played homage to the instrument, forming a symphony that promised to leave a person weak in their knees.

Abhi was woken up to the melodious music. A smile graced his lips. he had never heard anything so beautiful before. For no reason it remined him of his bhaiya. The music was bold, raw and passionate, and at the same time soothing. Just like the Black Phoenix. 

He got up and made his way to Arjun's room. he did not realize that it was the same music that called out to him that was his worst nightmare. He stopped when he saw him play. Arjun's eyes were closed, there was a serenity on his face that soothed his heart. He automatically gravitated towards him.

And then his heart skipped a beat as Arjun started singing.

The song was heart touching, paying ode to a person he could not stop loving. Each word resonated true to his heart. That was what he felt about his bhaiya. What he felt since the first minute he met his auburn eyes. 

A tear slipped from Abhi's eyes just as the song ended. He could not help it. It was beyond beautiful. Arjun hugged the guitar battling tears of his own. he was feeling agitated. He was missing his bhaiya. Eight years had gone by, and yet he could feel his presence. His heart refused to believe that he was gone forever. He needed a closure! Something he could never get. They all had accepted that his bhaiya was lost to them forever. The bomb blast that took life of 17 Officers, snatched their bhaiya from them. They could not recover the bodies, the bomb was so powerful that it annihilated everything. There was no traces of any human remails. All that remained was ashes. The Dark Phoenix was leading the operation. He knew his bhaiya could not have survived a blast like that, but his heart refused to listen.

Every year on his bhaiya's barsi the whole family offered their respects. He never took part in the rituals. That created fiction between him and his father, but he could not force himself to offer homage the one man, who he loved the most.

Abhimaan Rajwanshi was not just his bhaiya, he was his best friend, his anchor, his soul. If he accepted the investable he could not survive. He needed the hope.