ch. twenty-two

wooyoung wears his favorite white sneakers after wearing pikachu socks. today he chose to wear light blue ripped jeans and an oversized white knitted sweater.

the television shows that the weather today is quite warm but not too hot so today is a good day to go out.

wooyoung stepped out of the door. "mama, i'm going to go get kyungmin now. you go rest first."

mrs. jung nodded her head. "mhm, go now, he'll be waiting for you at the usual place." she smiled. "take care!"

"i will! you too, rest!"

with that wooyoung put on his pastel purple mini bag containing essentials and went to the cafe that san suggested.

after arriving at the cafe, wooyoung immediately saw the figure of san holding two cups of coffee in his hand.

san wears black ripped jeans paired with a long-sleeved white t-shirt. his arms are neatly folded up to the elbows. his locks are also styled like wooyoung, casually falling to his forehead.

wooyoung stepped towards san with a small smile. as in on cue, san raised his head and immediately saw wooyoung. he smiled and waved his hand at wooyoung.

"hi." wooyoung stopped in front of san. "how long have you been waiting?"

"hello, wooyoung." san replied with a fond smile. "it's not that long. about 4 to 5 minutes?" he held out a cup of coffee in his hand and wooyoung accepted it with a small thanks.

wooyoung nudged towards the cafe exit and san nodded his head. "let's go."

they walked side by side towards the elementary school where wooyoung's younger brother studied. only 7 minutes walk.

san stole a glance at wooyoung and immediately caught wooyoung walking while looking down with a small smile. he chuckled. "you seem very close to your brother."

wooyoung raised his face. "i am. i think i always got to be close to him when he was little. he was cuter and less annoying that way." he joked, sipping his coffee.

san let out a small laugh while nodding his head. "i understand." he smiled and looked ahead.

wooyoung tilted his head. "do you have siblings?"

"i do." he replied. "i have an older sister."

wooyoung ooh-ed and nodded his head. "what is she's like?"

san smile fondly at the thought of his older sister. "she works as a surgeon in one of the hospitals here. cardiovascular surgeon. caring, protective, kind. long story short, she's amazing."

"she sounds lovely. i have an older brother too." wooyoung said. "he's staying at states now. a lawyer."

they exchanged words until they arrived in front of the school gate. a glimpse of a 9-year-old student playing with his friends was seen.

as if he could feel a glimpse of his brother, he turned towards the school gate. his eyes lit up. after waving to his friend, he ran towards wooyoung. "hyung!!"

wooyoung hugged his brother tightly before he took the school bag from him. "come on, let's go home."

kyungmin nodded his head. he saw a glimpse of san next to his brother. "who is he?" kyungmin blinked his eyes repeatedly.

san smiled, his dimples deeply dug into his cheeks. "hello there, you're kyungmin, right?" san grinned at the smaller one after he nodded. "i'm san. wooyoung's friend. you can call me hyung!"

wooyoung smiled at the interaction between san and kyungmin.

after a small with wooyoung's brother along with one cone of chocolate ice cream bought by san, they returned home to drop kyungmin safely.

san and wooyoung got off the bus after arriving at the bus stop near lotte world. they walked side by side towards the entrance after catching a glimpse of their other friends.

yunho grinned evilly. "lovebird has arrived. let's buy tickets now."

wooyoung felt his face heat up, he glared at yunho but didn't open his mouth to argue.

"he didn't deny it. oh my god." yeosang and yunho held hands while jumping around.

"i'm paying for our ticket." seonghwa walked towards the ticket booth with hongjoong trailing behind him like a lost puppy.

after each getting paper bracelets tied on their hands, they gleefully walked into the amusement park.

"what do people always do after stepping into an amusement park?" hongjoong looked at them, waiting for an answer.

"headband!" wooyoung answered, beaming excitedly.

hongjoong chuckled. "correct! now let's go get us our headband."

they went into a shop that sold various souvenirs. they immediately went to the place where the various headbands were.

"come with me, wooyoung." hongjoong pulled wooyoung towards the cute headbands shelves. "i'll pay for you."

san frowned when wooyoung was no longer by his side. he quickly shook his head and looked for a headband for himself.

yunho and mingi chose brown puppy headbands. seonghwa chose the angel headband and hongjoong chose the devil headband.

yeosang and jongho play rock paper and scissors to determine their respective headbands. yeosang won and chose two blue octopus headbands for him and jongho.

san chose a black and white cat headband. "which one do you want?" san asked wooyoung. wooyoung puffed his cheeks and pointed towards the white cat headband.

san nodded his head with a small smile. "i'll take this one then."

wooyoung skipped towards hongjoong to let his headband paid. san let wooyoung give his headband to hongjoong so that the headband is paid for.

after hongjoong payed for the headband, wooyoung jumped towards san. he handed the headband to san and bowed his head slightly. san understood wooyoung's meaning and carefully put the headband on wooyoung's head so as not to ruin wooyoung's hair.

"thank you!" wooyoung smiled at san, shyly playing with the strap of a mini bag on his shoulder.

san ruffles wooyoung's back hair lovingly with a small smile.

wooyoung felt the heat in his ears spread to his cheeks when san ruffling his hair like he treated a baby. soft and delicate.

suddenly, in the middle of the sweet moments, a voice broke the cute atmosphere.

"yeosang, did you get that on camera?"

"yunho, shut the fuck up."

"seonghwa hyung~!!"

"shut up you giant puppy. you've ruined the moment!"

"hongjoong hyung, don't be mad at him! poor my baby."

"ew mingi hyung, shut up please."

"your single ass is actually jealous, jongho. you can't relate."

san and wooyoung looked at each other before they burst out laughing.

seonghwa sighed. "let's just go."