ch. forty

a few months passed and it's been seven months wooyoung and san in a relationship.

their relationship is still strong and intact despite many obstacles that come but they still let it go and they don't use it as an excuse to break up.

they are currently taking a break because they are studying for the end of the year exam. of course they both still doing a video call every night and on call whenever they have time and not so busy studying.

that night wooyoung was sitting at his study table and there was an open textbook, an exercise book and a notebook where he took notes in class scattered on his signature beige desk.

the pen in hand is twirled randomly without direction. his mouth is pursed when his eyes are scanning a question that requires a long writing essay. he frowned when he can't find his keyword to write the essay.

wooyoung almost screamed out of stress overload but his phone, which was placed in vibrate mode, vibrated on the table causing his eyes to turn to the phone. the caller's name is displayed on his phone screen.

wooyoung raised the phone to face him before he answered the video call. the caller's face is huge on the phone screen. "sannie~" he pouted due to stress.

san was also at his desk with books, papers and stationery scattered on his desk but his face did not show any stress. he frowned and tilted his head to his side. "what's wrong, baby?"

"i'm so stressed." wooyoung put his head on the table, almost bumping into his phone which was leaning against the wall. "i feel like sitting here until tomorrow until i find the fucking keyword."

"are you stressed?" san pouted his lips. "what subject are you studying? where do you need help, sweetheart? maybe i can help you. don't study overnight, my love. it's not healthy."

"questions on this book." wooyoung lifted the history exercise book from his desk so san could look at it. "essay part page one hundred four. i can't find the keyword to make an essay." he added, groaning in stress.

"oh~ this book. why don't you tell me early? i love history. let me help you find the keyword." san flipped through his exercise book that wooyoung showed to the page that was mentioned.

wooyoung gaped at the older in disbelief. "how do i know if you like the history subject. why don't you tell me!" wooyoung puffed his cheeks cutely in protest.

san raised his face from the book and raised his eyebrow. "you didn't ask me, cupcake." he grinned and looked down at his finished note, in the page, in his exercise book.

"not fair!"

san chuckled at wooyoung and started telling the keywords and notes he had taken from his class.

"ooh! i see." the smaller nodded his head because he understood. "why the hell mrs. cheong didn't give a note like this!" wooyoung who was writing a note called by san with displeasure.

"maybe she's giving you a simple notes or maybe you didn't have time to write it down from the board?" san tries to instill positive thoughts in wooyoung.

"but that doesn't makes sense?" the younger protested. his hands quickly wrote the essay he needed for the exam next week in his exercise book after receiving the keyword from his boyfriend.

san just laughed at the protest from his boyfriend. his eyes glued to his exercise book while his hand swiftly scribbling through his notes.

they were both silent because they were focused on their respective jobs. wooyoung studies history and san studies chemistry. it's funny how san loves history and wooyoung hates the subject while wooyoung loves chemistry and san hates the subject.

san blinked his eyes at one of his questions and groaned when he couldn't find a formula to calculate the last question of his exercise. "oh my god! what is the formula for this..."

wooyoung's ears perked at the mumbles from his boyfriend. "what subject are you studying, sannie?"

san pursed his lips in focus. "chemistry." he simply answered the younger's question.

wooyoung's eyes lit up in excitement. "really?! what topic? which page? i can help you!"

san who was still looking at his book let out a smile. his stress simply just disappeared when wooyoung cutely asked wanting to help him with his chemistry study.

"you likes chemistry?" the older asked with a loving smile.

"nuh-uh!" wooyoung shakes his head. "i LOVES chemistry!"

then wooyoung sent the formulas from pdf for the chemistry subject to san and san gave more history notes for wooyoung to copy in his notebook. they both exchange the notes and formula happily, helping each other with their study.

after they both finished exercising in the book they both packed up while exchanging stories about their daily lives that day.

"today we studied in the school library and mingi was hungry while studying. he pretended to do asmr with a bag of potato chips then he got kicked out of the library because of the noise and because he ate in the library." san told wooyoung the story with a chuckle, remembering mingi's embarrassing story at their school.

wooyoung laughed at the story and claimed that yunho and him the same. "what a perfect match from hell." he laughed again, funny tears nearly fell off his eyes.

"today yeosang got a love letter from a junior while we were studying in the study hall and he rejected the male without mercy, saying that he had a crush on someone else. yeosang literally nagged and babbled to the junior for giving a letter to him when the junior had his own boyfriend. bro think he slick. yeosang literally embarrassed the junior in the study hall. poor boy nearly cried." wooyoung told his boyfriend, laughing while hugging his favorite plushie to his face.

"dang man got roasted and embarrassed i  front of peoples who went to study." san commented. "i'd literally would shove my ass under a truck if i ever got rejected and got a treatment like that after confessing."

wooyoung snorted at the comment and shook his head. "i swear i tried so hard not to laugh in study hall."

san looked at the clock on the wall of his room and looked at the younger. m

"wooyoung, baby?" he called his boyfriend  when he saw wooyoung nearly hit his head on his desk because sleepy. "i think we should sleep now. next monday we start the exam. we have to get as much rest as we can get."

wooyoung hummed in agreement. "alright..." he yawned on his plushie and got up from his chair.

"okay first you go and prepare your bed then get on the bed. i'll sing you to sleep."

"can we not decline the call?" wooyoung sleepily asked, bringing his phone along with him to his bed. "i want to wake up and see you first in the morning."

san felt his heart pounding at the cute request. "of course, love. let me find a tripod for a moment."

both of them set up the tripod after plugging their phone then set up the phone on their nightstand getting a good look at their bed.

after that they left the phone on the tripod to do a late night routine before bed and when they were ready, both were on the bed, facing their phone and looking at each other.

"close your eyes and listen to my voice, okay bumblebee?"

"hmm~"

san started humming and singing to wooyoung's favorite song which is i need you from bts. wooyoung smiled when he heard the beat of his favorite k-pop group.

wooyoung closed his eyes and slowly drifted to dreamland with a small smile, snuggling softly to his soft beige blanket like a baby. "g'nite... sannie... i... love you..." sleepily muttered but loud enough for san to hear him.

san smiled and slowly hummed the song to the end and then he looked at wooyoung's calm face as he slept. he looks so relaxed that it sent a huge smile to san's face.

"good night too, cuddlebug. i'll see you first thing later in the morning." he slowly mumbled. "i love you, too, bubba."