Chapter 58: Territory get!

[Meld’s POV]

“Sa-Satan…” Is this a dream? No maybe this is just a substitute to deceive me.. “Bu-but how? Wait, is this a joke?” I tried to grasp the situation and activate my <Vamp eye> to confirm but she is the real one. Because my <vamp eye> can recognize the strength aura of who I look at and this overwhelming existence is the real deal, but how? I make sure that she had die in that time when the Valkyrie dealt the final blow at her.

“You aren’t dreaming andn this is not illusion.” She gives a confirmation in my doubt but I still can’t believe it and somehow my knee is shaking… I know Satan for so many years now and I know that she is merciless enough to kill anyone that hurts and lie to her. My heart is throbbing so hard right now because the impending death is in front of me.

“Don’t lie! I make su- I confirm that ma-majesty died that time.” I almost tell the truth but Satan is kind of hardhead to notice that so cover it up by changing the way I talk with her.

“I already know what you did to me Meldhita and that you are conspiring with the Pope to bring the heroes here again and kill my daughter.” Ho-how she knows it? “The pope is already killed and the other Demon kings are been revive already.” My knees given up because my hard work of deceiving the Demon kings had been shuttered after hearing it… I can’t believe it… the demon kings are being revived, but how? And who revived them?

“Haa…” I given up, I mean even if I tried to deceive her again she is a kind of person that will kill someone just by one lie. I didn’t realized that my tears had fallen in my face.

All of a sudden she got in front of me in blink of an eye and she grabs my neck and raise me up… “Hey why did you do that?” She ask me suddenly and I look her in her eyes… and that eyes is looking me with a sadness.

“Mo-mom… please… don’t kill her.” Micha the demon lord grabs the arms of Satan to stop it.

“Go ahead Satan, kill me…” I prepared myself and close my eyes but somehow the grip of Satan in my neck loosen.

“Hey, Meldhita… I really see you as my best friend since I become a demon king… why did you betray me?” She show another sad expression while she ask me so I use <vamp eye> because it had this thermal vision and I use cold reading to know if this face is true and I’m sure of it that she is showing her true feelings.

“Because you are being deceive by that Asmodeus! The Satan I know had disappear, the Merciless and Ruthless king I’ve know and follow with all my admiration had disappear because of that damn bitch! I’m the one who knows you and you still choose her over me!” That’s right, for how many long I’ve been following you I admire your strength.

“Deceive? No Li-Asmodeus didn’t deceive me, she just show me the true meaning of life…” True meaning my ass! You become this meek when you had her, well you still kill people like they are ants when they betrayed you but you stop conquering and settle in this country.

“That’s the reason why I killed you because you’ve change. No, you are not my Satan!” I summon my sucking lance and thrust on her… I know she had this overwhelming defenses but my lance maid a scratch and bleed her.

All of a sudden, and I didn’t expect it but she embrace me…

“Meldhita… I didn’t really want to kill you, I know I’ve changed but it’s for good, I want a peaceful life with my family and that includes you.” No, not this fluffy Satan… I wanted the Satan that destroyed the people who is in her way. “People changes Meldhita, and also I want your heart to change too.”

“Stop it, please don’t give me that bullshit!” I push her but she tightens the embrace of me that makes me hard to breath.

“Please, Meldhita, Listen to mom, I don’t want to lose you too.” This brat!