(27.) - Class of Reckless Misfits.

I looked around the class, as all the children looked at me with curious stares. Or at least... Some children looked at me with curious stares. Others looked at me with bored expressions and then there were those who straight up ignored my presence, like I wasn't important, and just continued their little conversations among themselves.

I smiled to myself awkwardly.
Please don't tell me... I was put in charge of teaching the first classes about Dark Magic and shit... To a class filled with students who don't give 2 shits about learning....

Great - Fantastic.
Thanks a lot Headmaster. I REALLY appreciate the added pressure. Odale hopped off my shoulder and hopped onto the teachers desk infront of the black board, while I simply took in a deep breath.

'Guess I'll start by introducing myself..'

I thought, before exhaling heavily and placing my arms behind my back and overall taking a posture that you'd see in the military.

"Good Morning students, my name is Shin - and I will be your temporary teacher in Basic and Advanced Dark Arts and Magic. This will be my first ever time teaching anyone anything, so I do apologize if I mess up or do things differently from other teachers."

I introduced myself, keeping my tone controlled and somewhat strict. I didn't want to make myself sound like someone who they didn't have to worry about or could be 'bought' via simple methods to be able to earn good grades and what not.

However... Despite my rather loud and imposing introduction and tone I took - the students.... Barely paid any attention to me. I could only count up a couple, 5... Maybe 7 students that were actually listening, and even then - I wasn't sure that they were listening because they were actually interested or invested.

I will not lie, this kind of response from the first class of students I have been put to teach, didn't exactly make me confident in my teachings skills.

I mean, seriously.
I exhaled, before turning around and walking up to the blackboard, picking up a white chalk located on a small shelf that was beside it, before exhaling.

'Ancient One? Can you help me out here?-'

| All I can do is guide you by showing you how to explain the Basics of Dark Arts and Magic. |

Good enough for me.
Then, in the following moment, a small, light blue 'hologram' or something appeared in my vision, which showed the inner workings of a dark magics, magic circle.

And gotta say - it wasn't as complex as I had expected. It was actually rather simple - which was definitely a welcome surprise. And so, I began to basically copy down what I saw in the 'hologram' onto the blackboard, the chalk scqueling and what not every moment here and there.

Within just a minute, I had copied down everything I saw within the 'hologram' onto the blackboard, before turning to face the class, about to speak, before a sudden rock or boulder came flying at me.

I easily managed to catch the boulder and turn it into dust using the 'Shadow Manipulation' skill I possessed, a rather annoyed smile remaining on my face, as I looked around searching for who threw that boulder.
And within a second of searching with 'Global Sense', I found the culprit. A group of 4 male students who were all sitting towards the top right corner seats, chuckling about.

Keeping an annoying smile on my face, I used my 'Shadow Manipulation' to quickly move behind them, keeping my eyes behind them as well.