Chapter 14

Leo leaned back in his chair, pondering the situation at hand. The impending disaster at his mother's party was a critical moment in Chloe's story, and he knew he needed to intervene strategically to prevent her from further humiliation.

He knew that their must be a butterfly effect and some scenes might be different from the storyline but this is a main event. Leo was sure the plot will probably force it to happen.

With a sigh, Leo reached for his phone, his fingers dancing across the screen as he dialed a familiar number. As the call connected, he wasted no time in getting down to business.
......

Chloe finds herself locked in a vicious struggle with Sophia, her movements sluggish and uncoordinated as if bound by invisible chains. Despite her best efforts, she is unable to muster the strength to fight back, her limbs heavy and unresponsive.

As Sophia's taunts and Sebastian's accusations echo around her, Chloe feels a sense of helplessness engulfing her, like a suffocating weight pressing down on her chest. With each passing moment, her desperation mounts, her voice drowned out by the cacophony of her own fears and insecurities.

And when Sebastian finally intervenes, his harsh words cutting through the chaos like a knife, Chloe's spirit shatters, the sting of his betrayal reverberating through her soul. In that moment, she feels utterly powerless, stripped of her pride and dignity, her sense of self-worth crumbling beneath the weight of their scorn.

When Chloe wakes from her nightmare, she finds herself gasping for air, her heart racing in her chest as she struggles to shake off the lingering sense of helplessness that clings to her like a heavy fog. The emotions that had plagued her in her dream linger, casting a shadow over her waking reality.

As she sits up in bed, her hands trembling with residual fear, Chloe knows that she cannot allow herself to be consumed by the darkness of her nightmares. With a deep breath, she stood up, the nightmares are becoming more vivid and she starts to remember some of it.

Chloe remembered the dream she had, and she felt uneasy. 'What was that dream?' she asked herself.

While thinking a Knock disturbed her. A maid came in and informed her that the stylist she hired arrived to help her get ready.

Chloe noded and asked them to come in while she wash up. A lot of things happen and Chloe didn't notice how fast the days passed.

Tonight the party will start, she has to prepare because their will be important figure that will be attending.

Chloe meticulously applied the final touches of makeup, her anticipation for the evening tinged with a sense of determination. Tonight's party she has to make sure everything is perfect. However, her preparations were interrupted by a call.

As she picked up the phone, Sebastian's voice echoed through the line, he coldly said. "Chloe, I won't be able to pick you up for the party tonight. Make your own arrangements."

Chloe's jaw clenched at his words, her pride refusing to buckle beneath the weight of his indifference. "Understood," she replied coolly, masking the hurt that threatened to engulf her. She already anticipated this to happen.

With a steely resolve, Chloe finished getting ready, slipping into a stunning black dress that hugged her curves elegantly, exuding confidence and poise. Her hair cascaded in sleek waves down her back, framing her face with effortless grace. As she surveyed herself in the mirror, a flicker of defiance ignited within her. Tonight, she would not allow her feelings for Sebastian to dim her radiance.

Arriving at the venue, Chloe greeted the guests with practiced charm, her composure unwavering despite the whispers that followed in her wake. However, the atmosphere turned icy as she caught sight of Sebastian, his arm draped around another woman. Sophia.

Suppressing the surge of emotion threatening to consume her, Chloe approached the pair with an air of regal poise. Sebastian wore a tailored suit, his demeanor aloof and distant, while Sophia's innocence was betrayed by the mischievous glint in her eyes. She wore a delicate floral dress, her blonde curls bouncing with every step.

"Sebastian," Chloe acknowledged him with a nod, her voice laced with frost.

Sebastian's gaze flickered over her dismissively, his attention already drifting back to Sophia. "Chloe," he replied curtly, his tone with indifference.

But Chloe's attention was drawn to Sophia, her façade of innocence crumbling beneath Chloe's gaze. "And you must be Sophia," she remarked, her tone cutting like a razor.

Sophia's eyes widened in feigned innocence, her voice dripping with sweetness. "Yes, I'm Sophia," she chirped, her smile as false as it was sickeningly sweet. "Sebastian has told me all about you."

As the truth unfolded before her, Chloe felt a surge of pain and disappointment coursing through her veins. In that moment, she immediately said her goodbyes.

With a final, look at the pair, Chloe turned on her heel and walked away.
Her face Infront looks emotionless but inside she was confused, she keep feeling a sense of dejavu.' strange' she whispered in doubt.

(Hello🤭... here's another update😘 hope you enjoy and see U tomorrow 🥰)