Chapter 21

The next day I went to see Avy and Kira at Kira's place, I felt radiant and on top of the world and was keen to tell my friends about the development. As I entered Kira's home, the warmth of friendship enveloped me. Avy and Kira were already there, chatting quietly. I a smile that couldn't be contained.

Avy and Kira were already there, chatting quietly.

"How are you, Gabi?" Kira asked, a warm smile lighting up her face as she noticed the excitement in my eyes.

"I'm great thanks," I replied, unable to contain my smile. "how are you two doing?"

Avy shrugged, a playful glint in her eye. "Oh, you know, the usual. Trying to keep up with Kira's latest baking experiments."

Kira chuckled, nudging Avy playfully. "Hey, you're the one who always ends up eating all the cookies anyway."

We all shared a laugh, enjoying the easiness of our conversation that had developed between us over the years.

"So, Gabi, what's new with you?" Kira asked, leaning forward with genuine interest.

I took a moment to savor the warmth of friendship before sharing my news. "You won't believe what happened..."

I began, excitement bubbling in my voice. "Last night, Lily and I admitted our feelings for each other."

Avy and Kira exchanged surprised glances before their faces broke into wide smiles.

Kira's eyes sparkled with delight. "Oh, Gabi, that's wonderful news!"

Avy nodded, her grin widening. "I'm so happy for you, Gabi. You deserve all the happiness in the world."

A wave of relief washed over me at their supportive reaction. "Thank you, both. It means everything to have your support."

Kira leaned forward, her expression earnest. "She better not hurt you! What do you plan to do now?"

Taking a deep breath, I considered the question. "We have to keep it quiet, a lot of elves will be against it. We'll figure it out some how, I guess."

Avy placed a reassuring hand on my arm. "You're not alone in this, Gabi. We're here for you every step of the way." I knew that whatever the future held, we would face it together.

Meanwhile, back at the castle, Lily was dealing with the aftermath of a recent attack. She had spent the morning in meetings with her advisors, Gabi was completely unaware as word had only just got to them, discussing the kingdom's defenses and strategies to prevent future attacks. Though her thoughts kept drifting to Gabi, she knew there were matters at hand that required her immediate attention.

As the afternoon progressed, she found a moment of respite, reflecting on the newfound depth of her feelings for Gabi. Though uncertainty loomed, she knew one thing for certain: together they would face whatever challenges lay ahead. Lily's heart swelled with determination and love as she thought about seeing Gabi again.