Pair up

As Mrs

As Mrs. Lindsey announces the project, excitement buzzes through the classroom. The project, which carries internal marks, requires students to pair up and research any mythology or historical architecture, presenting their findings in a creative seminar format such as a PowerPoint presentation, Sway, or documents.

Kai turns to Evadne, a smile playing on his lips as he sees this as an opportunity for them to work together. "Evadne," he says softly, his voice filled with enthusiasm. "Do you want to be my partner for the project? I think we could do something really amazing together."

Evadne's eyes widen in surprise at Kai's proposal, her heart fluttering with excitement at the thought of working closely with him. "I would love to, Kai," she replies, her voice filled with gratitude. "I think we could make a great team."

With a smile, Kai nods in agreement, already brainstorming ideas for their project. "Great," he says. "Let's meet up after class and discuss our plan. I think we should choose a topic that we're both passionate about and can showcase our strengths."

As the bell rings, signaling the end of the period, Kai and Evadne gather their things and head out of the classroom, their minds filled with ideas and excitement for the project ahead. Together, they know that they can create something truly special, a testament to their bond and shared love for history and mythology.

As Kai and Evadne walk hand in hand to the cafeteria, the warmth of their intertwined fingers sending a comforting pulse through both of them, Kai's heart feels light with happiness. He looks at Evadne, his eyes shining with affection, and asks, "Can I call you by some sweet names?"

Evadne looks at him curiously, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Sure, what kind of sweet names?" she asks, intrigued by his request.

Kai chuckles softly, his gaze warm as he lists off a few examples. "Well, I was thinking of names like 'sweetheart,' 'love,' or 'darling.' You know, something to show how much you mean to me," he explains, his voice filled with sincerity.

Evadne's heart skips a beat at Kai's words, her cheeks flushing with a rosy hue as she feels a surge of warmth flood her chest. "Those sound lovely," she replies, her voice soft and filled with emotion. "You can call me any of those, Kai. They're all so sweet."

With a smile, Kai nods, his heart swelling with love for the woman beside him. "Thank you, sweetheart," he says, his voice filled with tenderness as he squeezes her hand gently. "I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

As they reach the cafeteria and join the line for lunch, Kai and Evadne continue to talk and laugh, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. And as they sit down to eat, their hands still intertwined, they know that their love is something truly special, a connection that will endure for a lifetime.

As they settle into their seats, their trays of food before them, Evadne looks at Kai with a soft smile. "What sweet name can I call you?" she asks, her voice filled with genuine curiosity.