Pouring tons of love

As Evadne prepares for another day at university, she opts for a stylish yet comfortable ensemble, donning a double-breasted black coat over a crisp white turtleneck shirt and matching suit trousers

As Evadne prepares for another day at university, she opts for a stylish yet comfortable ensemble, donning a double-breasted black coat over a crisp white turtleneck shirt and matching suit trousers. Her hair cascades freely around her shoulders, adding a touch of effortless elegance to her look. With a pair of sleek sneakers on her feet and her favorite AirPods in place, she sets off for the day, the upbeat rhythm of Jennifer Lopez's "On the Floor" keeping her company.

As she makes her way towards the university, a familiar honk catches her attention, and she turns to see Kai waiting for her in his black Bentley. Despite his inviting gesture, Evadne hesitates, her independent spirit reluctant to accept a ride from him. However, Kai is not one to take no for an answer, and with a playful smirk, he steps out of the car and scoops her up in his arms, effortlessly lifting her into a bridal-style carry.

"Come on, sweetheart," Kai teases, his voice laced with amusement as he settles Evadne into the passenger seat of the Bentley. "I thought I'd save you the trouble of walking today."

Evadne blushes at Kai's playful antics, her heart fluttering at the endearing nickname he bestows upon her. Despite her initial resistance, she can't help but feel a sense of warmth and affection towards him as he drives them towards the university campus.

"You didn't have to go through all this trouble," Evadne murmurs softly, her cheeks still tinged with pink from the unexpected gesture. "I'm perfectly capable of walking."

Kai chuckles at her response, his gaze lingering on her with a fondness that makes her heart skip a beat. "I know you are, darling," he replies, his tone gentle yet teasing. "But where's the fun in that? Plus, I couldn't resist the opportunity to spend a little extra time with you."

As they drive towards the university, Evadne can't help but feel a sense of excitement building within her. The prospect of spending the entire day researching alongside Kai fills her with anticipation, and she can't wait to delve into their project together.

"Darling," Evadne begins, her voice soft yet filled with eagerness, "Mrs. Lindsey called me this morning. She said that the whole day is dedicated to research, and we need to register our pair before we can start."

Kai nods in understanding, his eyes sparkling with anticipation at the thought of collaborating with Evadne on their project. "Sounds like a plan," he replies with a smile. "I'm looking forward to diving into our research together."

As they arrive at the university and make their way to Mrs. Lindsey's classroom, Evadne takes a moment to register their pair, ensuring that they are officially assigned to work together for the day. With that task completed, they settle into their seats, ready to begin their research.

Before they can dive into their work, however, Kai can't resist teasing Evadne about their playful exchange from the night before. With a mischievous smirk, he leans in closer to her, his eyes dancing with amusement.