Sneaky businessman*

As the day draws to a close, Evadne finds herself waiting in the hallway, her thoughts drifting to Kai and the effortless grace with which he manages his business affairs

As the day draws to a close, Evadne finds herself waiting in the hallway, her thoughts drifting to Kai and the effortless grace with which he manages his business affairs. Despite being just a business studies student, he exudes a natural talent for leadership and entrepreneurship, evident in the way he navigates the complexities of running a global powerhouse like EtherealElegance. Lost in admiration, Evadne watches as Kai emerges from his call, his demeanor a striking blend of authority and poise.

Sensing Evadne's gaze upon him, Kai makes his way over to her with purposeful strides, his eyes alight with warmth and affection. Without a word, he reaches out and pulls her close, his strong arms encircling her waist as he lifts her effortlessly onto his shoulder. Evadne protests with a playful swat to his shoulder, her laughter echoing through the hallway as she attempts to wriggle free from his grasp.

"Kai, put me down!" she protests, her voice laced with a mixture of amusement and exasperation.

But Kai remains resolute, his grip firm as he carries her along the hallway with ease. With a playful glint in his eyes, he responds to her protests with a lighthearted quip, his voice filled with affectionate teasing.

"Now, now, sweetheart," he says, his tone playful yet firm, "where's the fun in that? Besides, I could use a little extra weightlifting practice."

Evadne's laughter rings out in response, her protests giving way to playful banter as she surrenders to Kai's playful antics. As they continue down the hallway together, their laughter echoing through the empty corridors, it's clear that their bond is as strong as ever—a testament to the enduring strength of their love. And in that moment, surrounded by the warmth of Kai's embrace, Evadne knows that she is exactly where she belongs.

As Evadne finally finds her feet back on solid ground, she dusts off her clothes with a playful pout, her expression a mixture of amusement and feigned annoyance. With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she reaches out to pinch Kai's cheeks affectionately, scolding him gently for his impromptu shoulder ride.

"Kai Zephyr, you know you can't just whisk me away like that!" she chides, though her tone is lighthearted and filled with affection.

Kai chuckles in response, his laughter a warm melody that fills the air between them. With a playful wink, he offers a sheepish grin, his eyes twinkling with mirth as he meets Evadne's gaze.

"Can't blame a guy for trying," he quips, his tone playful yet sincere.

Before Evadne can respond, however, Kai's expression softens as he sees the determination in her eyes. Sensing that their time together is drawing to a close, he nods in understanding, his heart swelling with love and admiration for the strong, independent woman before him.

"It's time, isn't it?" he says softly, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness at the prospect of parting ways.

With a gentle nod, Evadne leans in close, her lips meeting his in a tender yet passionate kiss—a silent affirmation of their love and commitment to each other. As they part, their eyes locked in a silent exchange of unspoken promises, Evadne turns to leave, her footsteps echoing softly down the hallway as she disappears from view.