Powerful Infusion of Grace

„Classical Tantra is intended and designed for people with busy lives, who have jobs and families. It is non-transcendentalist and it embraces every part of the human experience. It recognizes the divinity in the whole of reality. This includes you!" Christopher Wallis

*

"I felt an incredible, indescribable energy in my heart." CW

Life takes place in a threefold process of creation, stasis and dissolution. This process finds its foundation in nothingness, which is simultaneously "ultimate emptiness and complete fullness". Christopher Wallis passes this down as the quintessence of the teachings of the philosopher, poet and mystic Abhinavagupta, who was active in Kashmir in the 10th century. According to Wallis, the enlightened man made full use of the tantric scope and experienced "the total integration and expansion of all levels of one's being".

Quotes from Christopher Wallis, "Tantra Illuminated" 

In his main work "Light on Tantra", Abhinavagupta reacted to two lines of tradition that shaped him - Trika and Krama. According to Wallis, the transformation of divergent views into a haven of harmony is completed in the Trika-Krama synthesis.

"(In it) there is no purity and impurity, no dualism and no non-dualism, no ritual nor its rejection."Wallis also describes preliminary moments of tantrik practice using the example of his own awakening. He understands Śaktipāta as a "real, universal, cross-cultural ... experience". He describes his first "experience of Śaktipāta" as an adolescent event. After a "boring" meditation, he noticed "that the whole world seemed to have changed".

"I felt an incredible, indescribable energy in my heart."

He was filled with a love that did not get caught up in details. Wallis understood it as "the most real thing that was there in reality".

Being unlocked by Śaktipāta can happen to anyone without preconditions. This is why Wallis characterizes awakening as a "powerful infusion of grace". Doris Steinbrecher has been awaiting this act of grace since the sultry revelations in the haze of the yoga pedant Fürchtegott Hölzenbein.

Yearning for enlightenment, she trekked for a decade on the transcontinental highway of truth seekers who are tired of civilization. Since her barely voluntary return, Doris has been teaching spiritual gymnastics at the Pforzheim adult education center. As an unmarried, socially disastrously instinctless sister, she leads a shadowy existence in the circle of the lively, formidable Steinbrecher daughters. Her companion Raimund, who is endangered on all sides, reinforces the isolating desolation.

Son Keno distances himself from his desolate mother. Doris got Keno from an old Kenyan guru who did not live to see the boy's birth. Raimund plays no part in his upbringing. The Steinbrecher clan has a massive impact in his area of distribution; Keno sticks to his vital relatives. He wanders through the households of his aunts when he is not staying with his grandparents, who outdo all others. 

There are lower and equal-ranking relatives. Many of the men who work for Keno's grandpa Anton belong to the extended family. 

The big organizer explains that the aim is to employ everyone according to their abilities. Anton prepares Keno for management tasks. The boy receives lessons at the Mack riding school. The best rider in the family is given the task of putting Keno through his paces. Hundreds of badges of honor (rotting on boards in the riding room) and at least a hundred trophies that have lost their luster on shelves are reminders of Veronika's success as a show jumper.