come back... be here...

At exactly 11 o'clock in the morning, Faye, Ize and Marissa were already at the airport. Today was the schedule of their flight to Thailand. At this moment, Faye's emotion was in the state of chaos. A mixture of sadness and uncertainty mixing up inside her, making her feel uneasy. She was currently second guessing her decision to leave New York, especially not without letting Yoko know about her decision to leave. But a part of her thought that she should just leave things as it was to avoid another mess and another fuel to the fire.

They were about to check-in when Faye said that she needs to use the restroom. She went to the restroom while Ize and Marissa waited for her in front of the check-in counter. When she went to enter the comfort room, she happened to bump into someone, causing the other woman to step back abruptly, dropping the documents in her hands. She immediately went to help the woman pick up her papers, kneeling at the floor with her. When she looked at the woman's face, she was met by a pale but beautiful face.

"Sorry, I didn't see you." Faye offered an apology.

"It's okay, I was in a hurry so I wasn't really looking at where I am going." the woman said before standing up.

Faye was still holding a piece of paper in her hands, before standing up, she took a glance at the paper, which happened to be the woman's plane ticket. She caught a glimpse of the woman's name in the paper.

"Mrs. Suppassit, your ticket."

"It's just Ms. Austin, I am getting a divorce." the woman's voice hinted a lace of defensiveness.

"Sorry to hear that,"

"I shouldn't have said that." the woman said, mostly to herself. Faye just looked at her with a hint of curiosity and concern in her eyes. Feeling the intensity of Faye's eyes towards her, the woman looked up feeling a bit self-conscious and ashamed, so, she didn't wait for Faye to hand her her ticket, instead she just grabbed it out of Faye's hand before uttering in a hurry the words "I should get going," and then immediately left the restroom without throwing Faye another glance.

As Faye exited the restroom, she took a glance at her watch, it was 11:10 in the morning, and Marissa and Ize were probably pissed at her for taking so long, so she went to the check-in counter and joined Ize and Marissa.

------------

A week had passed since Yoko and Engfa decided to remain as friends, both thinking it's best if they stay just as that. A week has passed with only a feeling of peace and carefree.

They remained in touch with each other, casually talking about their daily lives. Last night, Engfa, in behalf of her band mates, invited Yoko into a night of celebration. Apparently, their band had successfully finished recording their newest album that would be released soon. Yoko gladly joined the group, and that night, they'd shared an unforgettable night with alcohols and loud music.

The morning after the party, the ringing of Yoko's phone had woken her up in her peaceful slumber. The woman grumbled upon hearing the sound of her mobile, causing irritation to creep up her body. As she force her eyes to open, having a hard time glaring at the culprit's name on her phone screen, she barely saw Engfa's name on it. She hit the green icon answering the call.

"Engfa, I know your alcohol tolerance is much better than mine, which explains why you're not suffering in a head-cracking hangover right now. Why are you calling so early?" Yoko answered, her voice laced with sleep, irritation noticeable in her tone.

On the other side of the call, Engfa just chuckled lightly at her. "Seems like someone's sleeping with her curtains drawn shut."

"Whatdoyoumean," Yoko said in a muffled voice, facedown in her pillows, fighting the urge to stay awake as she talked to Engfa on the phone.