CHAPTER 24

MONROE

Iwoke up to the blaring of my phone's alarm clock, feeling the warmth of Lincoln's body wrapped around me. He groaned as it went off, clearly not ready to start the day. I giggled softly, feeling a mix of happiness and nerves. It was the first time I'd woken up in his arms, and it felt like a dream come true.

Last night, after I'd taken a hot shower in his bathroom that was right out of a Restoration Hardware ad, we'd gone to bed. Neither of us even thought about me sleeping anywhere but in his arms. I assumed I'd wake up feeling awful about being kicked out of my apartment, but instead, I felt good. Regenerated. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. It was as if every worry, every care, every trouble that had been weighing me down had been muted, pushed to the background, replaced with a sense of excitement. It was a feeling I couldn't quite explain, but it was all because of him.

Lincoln.

I was reborn, renewed, a phoenix rising from the ashes of my former self. Every fiber of my being was alive with a newfound vigor, and I couldn't help but feel grateful for his presence in my life. The day ahead no longer loomed over me like a dark cloud, I was actually looking forward to it.

It seemed crazy all that could come from him sweeping in like a golden knight to save me...but it had. Last night was the first time anyone, besides Bill, had ever really been there for me in my life.

He pulled me closer, his hard length digging into my ass. "It's still the middle of the night," he murmured sleepily, kissing the back of my neck.

I giggled and turned off the alarm before trying to slip out of bed. He was completely wrapped around me, though; even his legs were tangled with mine. "It's six thirty."

"Five more minutes?" he groaned as his lips trailed along my neck, sending shivers down my spine as his warm breath caressed my skin. It was easy to forget about responsibilities around him, to get lost in his spell. I knew I had to get up and get ready for work, but a part of me—a huge part—wanted to stay in bed with him forever.

"Five minutes wouldn't hurt," I whispered as he moved me to my back, his lips tracing a path to my chest. I arched my back, craving more of him as he leaned over me. My legs automatically fell apart so he could press his body against mine. Everything in me ached to be closer to him, to drown in the sensations he could give me.

His lips left a trail of nips and bites down my chest, sparks of desire twisting across my skin. My insides throbbed, and I gasped, my body desperate for more.

"Do you want me to suck on your pretty tits? Make you come just like this?" Lincoln's voice was like a drug.

My body screamed out in response, begging for his touch. His teeth gently bit down on my nipple through the fabric, and my moan reverberated through the room.

"Fuck," Lincoln swore, as he tore off the T-shirt he'd insisted I "borrow" last night, exposing my naked breasts to the cool air. His mouth was on me in an instant, whispering dirty words that I never even knew existed.