Daddy's Little Girl-4

A/N yes! I'm finally updating! I'm sorry it took sooo long and that this is so short but my life is completely hectic right now and it's hard to keep up sometimes. And I'm kind of at a writers block with this story so I apologize but here you go!

Love,

Eryn

P.S. On the side is Megan (Maggie's mom)

I don't even notice where I'm going until I look up and realize where I am. I walked to the cemetery where my mom and Ryan's parents are buried. I continue walking until I find their headstones. They are right next to each other. I kneel down in front of my mom's.

"Hey Mom." I whisper. "I miss you. I wish you were here now. You would be able to protect us. Has Sam found you up in Heaven yet? I hope he has. I know he's safe now. He'll be happier with you anyway. Oh Mom. I wish you didn't go. I should have gone to the beach with you. If I had, I could have saved you. You wouldn't have hit your head on that sand bar. Oh Mom, I'm so sorry." I feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. I put my hand on my mom's cold headstone. I feel a soft breeze ruffle my hair and I feel a drop of rain on my knee. I feel like it's my mom, trying to tell me she forgives me. She always loved the rain. She said it was as though the world was cleansing itself of all the nasty sins that people commit. I always liked how she said it. And now, I think of my father. I think of all of his sins. I wish they could be washed away. I think of my sins. I think of all the sins that I have seen. I feel the sudden urge to go to church. I am not a very religious person. Sure, when my mom was alive we would go to church every now and then, but not every Sunday. Usually it would just be me and her that went. Occasionally Ryan or Sam would join us, but my father never came. I get up and I walk out of the cemetery towards the church. Its not far.

I walk up the beautiful marble steps and pull open the heavy wooden doors. I feel the cold rush of air conditioning hit my face and I get goosebumps all over my body. The church is empty besides a few people here and there in the pews. It's a Saturday afternoon so I knew it wouldn't be busy. There are probably a total of five people besides myself here. I slide into an empty pew and once I reach the middle, I sit and close my eyes. I think about everything that has happened today. My kidnapping, my rescue, Sam's death, my escape, Ryan and I, and my conversation with my mother. Then I think about everything that has happened since my mother's death. It exhausts me to think of everything that has happened. I feel like I just hiked up a huge mountain and now I'm at the top, looking down at the world, so small below me. I look around at the church. It's a beautiful room. With stained glass windows and white walls, beautiful wood decorations and a statue of Christ on the cross. Then i notice I'm the only one left besides the pastor. It's dark outside now. Where did the time go? How long have I been here? I get up to leave and the pastor walks over to me.

"You are very troubled. I can tell. You've been praying for about two and a half hours. Can I help?"

"No. Thank you, but I'm afraid it's too late to help me." I walk out, knowing what I have to do, even if it may kill me.

I walk, dragging my feet and taking everything around me in. The birds singing songs to the neighbors, the flags rustling in the wind, the soft kisses of a light drizzle on my cheek. I close my eyes and pause for a moment, breathing in deep through my nose. I can smell the saltiness of the ocean and the purity of the rain and I feel I breeze ruffling my shirt and hair. And the tears running down my face. To a stranger I probably look like a girl out on early vacation enjoying the beauty of the beach rather than an abused girl enjoying possibly some of the last few minutes of her life. I try to think of what I'll miss if I do die. I'll miss he ocean, the sound of it my lullaby every night, the rain, that always made me think of my mom, even when she was alive, the sand, the feel between my toes, and how when we were little kids, Ryan, Sam and I would hop around on the sand, cracking our parents up, but what I'll miss the most, Ryan. He was my best friend from the very beginning. I'll never love anyone as much as I love Ryan. He was always there for me no matter what. The upside to me dying though would be that he would be free. He wouldn't feel tied to my father anymore so he would finally be safe. That thought gives me enough strength to continue walking. I turn and walk onto the beach, taking my shoes off as I go. The walk to the edge of the ocean and I feel the waves lick my feet and the small splashes from when my feet step in the water feel good on my legs. I hope Ryan isn't home when I get there. I can't handle seeing him before I go through with this. It will be a cleaner break the way I ended it today with him. I look up and see my house looming ahead of me, just off the beach. I see dark black clouds behind it and I can tell there is going to be a huge thunderstorm later. I walk up the steps and onto my small porch. I pull my key out of my pocket and stick it into the lock, quickly realizing it wasn't necessary, the door was already unlocked. I pull open the door and walk into a dim house. I listen for any signs of life and I hear some clanging pots in the kitchen as the door slams behind me.

"Who's there?" A familiar voice calls. I cringe. He's already here.