Daddy's Little Girl- 18

A/N I know, I'm really bad! I missed a week of uploading. I have midterms coming up so I got caught up studying. To make p for it thoug, this chapter is a little longer and very factual. You learn more about a character I briefly mentioned before. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment, let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Eryn

------------------

Mr. Goldberg's secretary looks up and greets us, quickly trying to place us. "Ah, the Charnet case." We nod. She presses a button on her headset and speaks into the small microphone. "Steven, Miss Charnet is here to see you." She then listens for a moment, nodding and saying "mhm." After a minute or so, she looks up and flashes us a bright smile. "Mr. Goldberg will be right with you."

"Thank you." Amy says. I glance at Ryan. He gives me an encouraging smile then walks closer to me and slips his hand around mine, squeezing gently.

Mr. Goldberg comes out of his office ad greets us briefly. He turns to Amy. "I presume you received my message about the young girl missing?"

Amy nods. "Why did you point it out? How did you know she was possibly connected to our case?"

"I didn't know, I simply thought you should know. Though, as I thought I about it, I figured that it could very possibly be related. You see, when I first heard about it, I feared that it was Margret." He states, motioning to me. "As soon as I realized that it wasn't, I recalled that she had mentioned Rick saying he has abducted other teenage girls. I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the incident and I also wanted Margret to see if she could recognize their 'work'." He explains, speaking more to me than Amy.

"Actually, that is the reason we are here. We believe that the disappearance of this girl is

Connected to the case and because of Rick." I say, studying Mr. Goldberg's reaction. He nods and waits for me to elaborate. "I would not be able to identify their work for sure until she is returned. We believe it was my father and Rick though because once we left your office, we encountered Rick in the parking lot. He was here to remind us of the consequences my father threatened once we told someone. He must have followed us after we left because the missing girl had helped us at an ice cream parlor we went to with Amy's daughter." I shudder at the thought that Rick now possibly knew where Lauren went to school, that he might know where Amy lives. Mr. Goldberg nods again, considering what I told him.

"Well, I don't really think there is anything we can do besides wait. We can't find this girl, can we?" He glances at me expectantly. I shake my head, I had been blindfolded when they took me there. "Alright. Do they have any idea how long they 'keep' these girls?" He asks calmly.

I try to remember, but I can't. That day is so hazy in my mind. Both days actually, the day I went to that house and the day my father told me about what he and Rick did. "No, I can't remember very clearly, I just know they return them when they are done having their 'fun'." My voice breaks and Ryan squeezes my hand. "When they are done, they, they leave them in their homes. The girls are alive but scarred for life. I can only imagine that they threaten the girls in a similar way to how they threatened me." I wipe my eyes. Mr. Goldberg sits at his desk and puts his head in his hands, trying to think of a solution, searching for words to say.

"Alright." He says, looking up at me. "Well, until I talk to some people, mainly police officers, I can't do much. I need to share this information with the police.between now and then, I need you to write down everything you can remember about the house. What it looked like, and anything that could help us find it. Will you be available later today or tomorrow if I need you?" He asks, directing his question to Amy.