Daddy's Little Girl- 14

A/N Uploading again! A little later than I thought (sorry!). I feel bad that it is taking so long but I just can't find movtivation to write right now. It is hard for me to get into it. Thank you for the mice comments though, they definitely help! Maybe I'll get a little more motivated if I get some comments and votes! (please) Thanks! Now I'll shut up so you can read the chapter :)

*********

The glass doors to the building are heavy and have Goldberg and Associates written on it in gold swirly letters. The small lounge has black leather sofas with a few glass tables near. The secretary is young, blonde, and typing furiously at the keyboard while talking into a small black headset on her hand.

"Steven is not here Mrs Goldberg. No I'm not sure when he is getting back. He had a meeting the other day ma'am. Ma'am your son is a very busy man. I'm sorry he doesn't return your calls. I can't help it ma'am. I am only his secretary. I pass on all of the messages." She looks up and sees us standing near her desk, waiting patiently. "Ma'am I have to go. We have clients now. Yes I know I said he isn't here. Goodbye ma'am." She presses a button on the phone on her desk and sighs before turning to face us. "I am terribly sorry for that. It was an important message." Amy nods in understanding. "Are you the one o'clock appointment?" Amy nods again. "Alright. I will let Mr. Goldberg know you're here."

"I thought he wasn't in right now." Amy states, fighting a knowing smile.

The secretary blushes. "He doesn't like when his mother calls. All they do is fight. She keeps telling him he needs to settle down and get married but he is happy being alone and she doesn't understand that." She explains. Amy nods and we go sit on one of the sofas while Mr. Goldberg's secretary tells him we are here.

The man that walks out of the door is nothing as I imagined him. I pictured someone tall, with short gray hair and glasses. Instead, Mr. Goldberg had red hair, short and no glasses. If he were wearing green I'm afraid he would be mistaken for a leprechaun. He looked at us and scoffed.

"Teenagers? MaryAnne why are there teenagers in my office?" He turns to us. "Look, I'm not buying your cookies or magazines or whatever you kids sell these days."

Amy clears her throat. If looks could burn, Mr. Goldberg would be the holiest man on earth. "These two teenagers are here as clients. They wish her legally emancipate from her father." She explains, pointing at me. Mr. Goldberg laughs.

"What? He got her pregnant and daddy isn't happy about it or something?" Now I am mad.

"Do I look pregnant to you?! You know what, Dr. Howie was wrong. You aren't the right lawyer to help us. Come on guys let's go somewhere else." I suggest angrily. I start to walk away when Mr. Goldberg stops me.

"Wait, you know Richard? Ok what do you want?" He asks.

"Oh, so now you'll help us? It shouldn't matter who we know or who suggested us. You should help us anyway." Ryan grabs my hand and squeezes to calm me down. I give him a grateful smile and turn back to Mr. Goldberg. "We are suing for emancipation rights because he is abusive and he committed murder."

Mr. Goldberg looks startled when he hears this. "Murder? Who did he murder?"

"Sam, my older brother. He shot him. Ryan saw it happen." I explain. "We have tried to go to court a few weeks ago but he was 'innocent'. That can't happen again. People are in danger as long as he is not locked up. Especially Ryan and I."

Mr. Goldberg nods and turns to Amy. "So who are you?"

"I am Amy Lawrence. Maggie and Ryan are staying with me now that they have escaped. Legally though, if her father wanted them back I would have to give them up because he is their legal guardian. Maggie is his daughter and Ryan's parents died leaving Maggie's parents the legal guardians. Mrs Charnet died seven months ago however so Keith was left to care for his two children, Sam and Maggie, and Ryan." Amy clarifies.

"All right but once they are legally emancipated, where will they be staying? They are still minors so they can't be on their own."

"They would stay with me of course. I would gladly because their guardian until they reach the age of eighteen. My two children already love them so it would be no problem."

"Good that just made my job easier. Of course, I will have to do a background check, but I think that the judge would appreciate that you sorted that out. It always helps to have a back up plan. I will need to do some research on the case so if you could give me your number in case I have any questions and so we can arrange another appointment then that would be great."

After talking for a few more minutes about details for the case, we leave with a little less weight on our shoulders. I sigh and head to the car. I feel very uneasy for some reason. I suppose I just can't help but remember my father's threat.

Suddenly, Ryan stops walking. "Did you guys see that? Over by the car. There's something moving. It looks like a person." He whispers. I crane my neck to check and I see something too.

"Kids, be quiet. They might be trying to rob the car." Amy takes out her cell phone to call the police if necessary. As we get closer, I see it is a man and he is peering in through the back window.

"Hey! Get away from our car!" Ryan shouts and begins running towards the car. The man turns around and my heart stops. He sees Ryan running at him and he smirks. Ryan suddenly recognizes him and stops dead in his tracks. Amy doesn't realize what is going on and she continues to walk towards the car, not noticing mine and Ryan's reactions.

"You heard him! Get out of here before I call the police! You have ten seconds!" Amy shouts.

The smirk is still playing on his face as he walks calmly away from the car and towards Ryan. His voice turns ice cold and he speaks in a low tone that I can barely hear. "You drop this now or you'll be sorry. You know the consequences." With that, he cackles like a maniac and runs off.

Amy turns to face me and gives me a concerned, puzzled look. "Who was that?"

My throat feels like dry sandpaper and my tongue like lead and I can't answer her, tears rolling out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

********

A/N Who do you think it is? Leave a comment letting me know!

Love,

Eryn