Chapter 15

The next morning, Grace is not surprised to find herself, alone in the bed and she is not surprised when she does not find her husband at the breakfast table as well.

However, she is surprised when she does not see a glimpse of him all through the day even the night.

When asked where he disappeared to, only to get shocked to find that the bride and groom will not be able to see each other before the wedding, which was tomorrow?

"What, this is a ridiculous idea because if you don't know we are already married," Grace protests as soon as she hears that particular statement.

"Sorry, Grace no matter how much you miss your husband cuddling to your side you aren't able tonight, it's just you and me" Nicole informs as she walks inside the room carrying bunch of stuff in her hands.

"And anyway, it's your bachelorette, if it's any consolation I did try to take you to a strip club but as soon as I was in Arson's arms I blurt it out and that went down the hill...

Therefore, now we are on house arrest with Arson in his asshole mode, who, refuses to let anyone out of this house" she adds making Grace look at her wide-eyed.

"What? Does that mean the chances of me being with Nicholas are zero to none?" Grace shouts in fear.

"Sorry, you cannot, but don't worry, you will get to see him tomorrow, so relax" Nicole smiles before she waves to someone behind Grace and to her irritation Vicky comes in.

*******

"You, what are you doing in here?" Grace asks exhausted.

"Well, it was Nicole's idea" Vicky sheepishly points out.

"I cannot believe this, first you have been avoiding me from the moment you step a foot in here and now you are going to spend a whole night in my room?" Grace asks her cousin in disbelief.

"Well, you are getting married tomorrow so" Vicky just smiles widely.

"And whose fault is it?" she cannot help but snap at Vicky.

"Okay, am I missing something?" Nicole asks as she hears Grace snap and realize that she was truly upset.

"Nothing, I just had to talk about something with Nicholas and its urgent" Grace sighs rubbing her forehead.

"No, you don't, you cannot" Vicky protests as she walks to Grace and pulls her to a corner away from Nicole's ear.

"Why the hell not, I don't know what is going on here but I will find out the truth before I walk down to the altar tomorrow" she vows.

"Please Grace, why can't you just let it go, everything is so perfect, you have a good husband whom I am sure you will come to love so what's with all this craziness?" she begs to Grace holding both her hands.

"I will let it go if you promise to explain to me the truth without fooling me if not just shut up as I will know the story behind this whole fiasco if not from you then from Nicholas" Grace warns as she pulls her hands away and walks back to where Nicole is.

"Nicole, please call Nicholas and ask him to meet me, I am sure it won't affect the bloody tradition if I see him for a while...

I really need to talk to him tonight no matter what," Grace begs to her in all seriousness.

"Okay, I don't know what is going on here but you seem pretty serious, wait I will call him right now" Nicole gives in as she pulls her phone and call her brother.

******
"Hi" Grace speaks as soon as she gets the phone.

"Hey, is there any reason for you to call me?" Nicholas asks sounding distracted