Chapter 3

That day, the sound of screaming could not be heard from outside the room unless the door was opened...

Meaning no one could hear the pleas for help from the small 5-year-old who called out for his parents...

-

-

-

-

2 Years Later

Maurice woke up on the cold floor shivering as he whimpered before curling up in a ball  "c-cold...mama help me..." he muttered while shaking when the door to his room slammed open startling him.

"Gosh are you still asleep! You should've been up by now!! Ugh, so annoying," a woman's voice shouted in annoyance.

"I never wanted to take care of some stupid lazy brat, what's so special about you anyway... WAKE UP!!" she shouted before a bucket of cold water was poured on top of him as the young male yelped his baby blue fur now looked dark gray due to him being soaking wet.
"Geez finally, the doc needs you in for another test run," the woman says as she picked the small now 7-year-old up from the ground by the scruff dragging him out of his so-called 'room' until he was dropped on an ice-cold table.

"Oh dear, Lalody you must treat this child with more respect," a man says while walking over with a towel "why should I! It's not like he'd be useful for anything anyway, all he does is cry and cry and cry and it's getting on my nerves!!" she shouted.

"Well, you shouldn't have joined this organization then, he does need a mother figure after all and with your talent he should have bonded with you by now. I guess with that horrid attitude of yours of course he'd cry a lot," the man says while clicking his tongue annoyed, as he wiped the child dry.
"Was that supposed to make me feel bad? Cause it didn't work. And besides, if anyone should be a mother figure to this rat you should have taken up the job," Lalody grouched.

"Oh I would, but too bad, I don't have the figure nor the accessories for such a task," the man replied before laying the young child down as Maurice started whimpering as he was being forcefully strapped down.

"Hey, what are you trying to say," Lalody huffed while crossing her arms annoyed "I'm saying your ugly personality ruins your beautiful completion," he says when the woman started hitting him but he just ignored her, as he tried to focus on his work while the woman just yelled at him the entire time.
But as the muzzle was being added onto Maurice's face he had to stop his examination before turning around to grab Lalody's face forcing her to look at him.

"Shut your mouth and sit in the corner, you're really getting on my last nerves you wretch," he hissed quickly shutting her up at his attitude changing before he released her and went back to his work.

-

-

-

Maurice was placed back in his 'room' where he curled up in the corner whimpering as he was trying to remain calm.

He promised to remain calm.

He had to remain calm.

He wasn't going to stop being calm.

He just had to remain calm.

The young 7-year-old soon grabbed at his necklace that was still around his neck that had yet to be removed from him luckily. Or. Was it just they couldn't remove it off of him?

He didn't know.

"Mama, Daddy, mom, I scared," he mumbled to himself while trying to relax but that was being proven to be much more difficult than it needed to be.

*Pup, it's me- it- ca-*

Maurice's ears perked up at the familiar sound of Leo as he took a deep breath even if the connection wasn't doing so well but the young hedgeling didn't know what was wrong with the connection he thought it would do good with long distances.

*Help is- I- Angry-*

Maurice didn't understand as he whimpered ^Lunar, I don't understand

He then heard nothing back causing him to whimper as he curled back up into a ball crying agian he didn't want to be left alone agian. 

The 7-year-old soon grabbed at his ears until...

-

-

*GET ANGRY!!*

The young hedgeling let go of his ears as he stared at the wall with wide eyes at the sudden order he was given ^but- but what about my promise with mom?

*THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!*

It was then that Maurice took notice that right now it wasn't Leo that was talking to him ^A-alpha?

*YES, PUP! I'M SORRY I'M YELLING BUT I NEED TO KEEP THE CONNECTION CLEAR! YOU AND BLAST AREN'T OLD ENOUGH FOR FAR-RANGE CONNECTIONS JUST YET!!*

Maurice relaxed a bit while listening to the sound of the other wolf that would always watch over him and Blast as he took deep breaths before he sits up slowly.

*PUP, NO ONE WILL GET MAD AT YOU IF YOU DO THIS. WE JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO FIND YOU OK. PLEASE. IF NOT FOR ME THEN FOR YOUR MOTHER, SHE'S BEEN SO SAD AND CRIES EVERY NIGHT,*

^Mama, cries

*YES, SHE MISSES YOU SO MUCH BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS DO. THEY WANT THEIR LITTLE MAURICE BACK, AND SO DOES LONGCLAW!*

Maurice whimpered when he felt a loud thud that vibrated through his body as he placed his hand over his chest ^hurt...

*I KNOW PUP, JUST LET IT HAPPEN. YOU CAN DO IT, GET ANGRY!*

The young male took more deep breaths before hugging himself tightly but his body started to throb painfully as cracks started forming on the walls ^Alpha...

*DON'T FIGHT IT PUP. I WANT YOU TO GET ANGRY!! DO IT*

A loud wince soon bounced off the walls of the small 'room' as it alerted the others so they rushed to the area quickly when they saw...

-

-

-

-

-

-

Large wings flew through the night sky until the person of the wings did a nose dive to move closer to the ground needing to stay out of sight while weaving through the trees with ease no matter how large their wings were.

Then while holding a small bundle close to them they broke through the trees before going down a cliff area and then tucked their wings in to do a free fall.

"I can't believe they did this to you...I'll kill them for this," they muttered under their breath while looking at the bundle that rested peacefully against their chest clinging onto them tightly as if afraid they'd vanish if they were to let go.

The person then took a deep breath before spreading their wings out to stop their free fall to change directions with a set location in mind.

Home...