Were All In This Together- Hunger Games Fan Fiction (Mockingjay)

First of all I want to say that I do not own the Hunger Games and All rights go to Suzanne Collins. She came up with a brilliant idea called Hunger Games. She owns the Hunger Games. NOT ME. Yeah so Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I wanted to give you all a fair warning and say that this story is poorly written with many grammatical and spelling errors. The story is slowly undergoing some serious editing. Read at your own risk. :)

Chapter One: We Move On

"Peeta and I grow back together. There are still moments when he clutches the back of a chair and hangs on until the flashbacks are over. I wake screaming from nightmares of mutts and lost children. But his arms are there to comfort me. And eventually his lips. On the night I feel that thing again, the hunger that overtook me on the beach, I know this would have happened anyway. That what I need to survive is not Gale's fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.

So after, when he whispers,"You love me. Real or Not Real?"

I say,"Real."

Katniss' POV

Today marks the day when 7 years ago, we won the war. I'm lying in bed trying to forget those painful memories. But they keep coming back. All I want to do is stay in bed and do nothing. I look to my left and see that Peeta's not in bed. Probably working at the Bakery. I stare at the ceiling and a flashback of Prim's death comes.

She was so young, so wise, so special, so innocent. I just wanted to scream but nothing comes. Then flashbacks of Finnick dying come and then Cinna's death. I couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears start streaming down my face. So many people died because of me. Because of my actions.

Because of how selfish I am. The tears continued to come. I look out the window and by the looks of it, its almost noon. I need to get out of bed. Prim wouldn't want me to be like this.

I get out of bed and walk over to my dresser. I undress out of my clothes and put on the clothes I wear to go hunting. I walk over to my closet and look for my fathers hunting jacket, putting it on after I've found it. I head downstairs, and open the closet near the front door. It's where I keep my boots and game bag.

I grab my boots and slip them on, grabbing my game bag after and heading out the door. It was cool outside and the air began blowing. Its really refreshing. I finally get to the fence that was once lit up by electricity. I go under the fence and go to the place where I stash my arrows. Then I realize I didnt really come here to hunt.

I came here to clear my head. I decide to climb on a tree and just sit there. The woods is my special place. Well it use to be Gale and I's special place. Just mentioning his name sickens me. The woods are so peaceful. The birds chirping.

The wind making the trees rustle. But most of all I hear the Mockingjays singing a tune. This is what I needed. Somewhere to think and be alone. Somewhere so relaxing. Just the thought of the woods makes me smile.

I sat there for a few of hours and notice the sun starting to set.

The sunset was so beautiful. The sunset reminds me of Peeta. When we were on the roof the day before the Quarter Quell. When we had a delicious picnic. When he drew a beautiful picture of me. It was the most perfect day besides our Wedding Day.

Then I remember, Peeta is probably at home worrying about me. Wondering where I am. I should probably head home. I climbed down the tree, grabbed my game bag and began making my way back to the fence. Then I remember I didnt catch anything. So I grabbed a couple of Rosemary and Basil for Peeta.