Chapter Five: The Unexpected

Katniss' POV:

I finally arrived at the Bakery.

I opened the door, gasping at how beautiful it looked inside. The lights were dimmed and candles were lit up everywhere.

I looked at the table set for 2 and see that there's candles and rose petals. The atmosphere in the room had a romantic feel. I was loving the feel.

I closed the door behind me and started walking towards the table slowly.

"Peeta?" As soon as I called his name, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. "Hi beautiful." Peeta whispered into my ear.

He began kissing my neck gently.  I bite my lip to hold back the moan. I turned around, now we were face to face. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

He ran his fingers through my hair, sending a shiver down my spine. I feel a smile forming onto his lips as I kissed him. The hunger began to come. I wanted more. I wanted to go further.

I pushed him towards the wall and began kissing his neck. He moaned softly, oh how I loved hearing that sound come out of his mouth. I leave a trail of kisses from his neck to his lips, once again kissing him with passion. He ran his fingers down my back, causing me to let out another small moan.

He broke the kiss, we were both breathing heavily. "Katniss what about dinner?" He asked me, out of breath. I didn't wanna hear him speak, I just wanted him.

I pulled him in for another kiss. "Dinner.......Can.......Wait." I said, in between kisses. I ran my fingers through his hair, caressing his cheek with my other hand. I didn't want to stop. At all.

I wanted to feel him and pleasure him in every way possible. I needed him. I wanted him more than anything but, he just get stopping. He stopped kissing me, pulling me away gently.

"Look. It's not that I dont wanna do that because believe me, I do, it's just, I planned this whole thing and I wanna have dinner with you." He explained. I smiled at him.

"Fine." I give him one more kiss, before walking to the table. He pulled out my chair for me. "Thank you," I said, sitting down in the chair. He went into the kitchen, and came out with two plates in his hands.

He placed my plate in front of me. I looked down at my plate, shaking my head. "You didn't have to do this for me."

"I wanted to and, I told you that I would make it up to you. Remember?" I looked at him and nodded.

"Yes I remember. It's just, I thought you were gonna make it up to me in another way." I explained, a smirk plastered on my face. He chuckled lightly.

"Yeah. We'll get to that later." I look around the table and see that there's no wine. Every time Peeta and I had special dinners, we always had wine. But this time, there wasn't any. Just two glasses of water, was all that was there to drink.

"Peeta?" He looked up at me. "Yeah?" I took a bite of my food and swallowed it, before speaking. "No wine? How come there's no wine? We always have wine on special dinners."

He simply shook his head. "I'm not letting you drink. Your not allowed." What? Why couldn't I?

"Why not? I'm old enough."

"You're pregnant. That's why. You can't drink while pregnant." He said, smiling. I sighed in disappointment.

"Did you even pay attention in Health class? You know, in high school?" He asked. I slowly shook my head.

"Oh Katniss." He said, shaking his head as he smiled. "Who else is next to tell?" I asked Peeta.  Peeta took a moment to think.

"Well Johanna, Annie, Effie, um... Gale." I tensed up at the mention of Gale's name. I clenched my teeth. "Gale doesn't need to know anything." Peeta quickly nodded.

"Whatever you want. Also we have to tell....uh.. your mom." My tension loosened when he mentioned my mother. I haven't seen or talked to my mother ever since she left to District 4 after the War.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I haven't really noticed how much I missed my mom.

"Okay. Tell you what. Christmas is in 3 weeks. We invite everyone to our house, we'll have dinner and we'll tell them our wonderful news." I said, smiling. He smiled and nodded. "Perfect."

We finished eating our dinner several minutes later. We sat there for awhile. "Ready for dessert?" Peeta asked me. I nodded. "I hope it's cake because the baby and I are craving some." He started laughing, I joined him.

"You're lucky it's cake." I smiled. He got up, took our plates and headed back into the kitchen. He comes back out a minute later with a small beautifully iced chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries on top.

It looked so delicious that my mouth began to water. He placed the cake down and I immediately cut myself a piece of cake and eat it like there's no tomorrow. Peeta started laughing.

I stared at him. "What?" He laughed harder this time. He got up and walked over to where I was sitting. He lifted up my face and wiped my mouth with a napkin. He continued to laugh a little. Once he finished, I smiled.

"The baby really does like cake? Does she?" I nodded. "He does." I give him a quick peck on the lips. "Katniss. Do you want a boy? Because you keep calling the baby a boy."

"Yes. I want a boy so he can look exactly like you and so he can have your personality."

Peeta shook his head. "No. I want a girl so she can look like you and have your personality." He rubbed my hand and kissed it.

"Now why would you want our baby to have my personality? I'm stubborn, selfish..." I trailed off. He placed one of his hands on my cheek, while his other hand continued to rub my hand gently.

"You're not selfish. Stubborn, yes. But not selfish. You're beautiful, brave, protective, caring, loving, honest, kind, helpful and I want our baby girl to have those things."

I smiled. I pulled his head towards me and kissed him. I pulled away and he kissed my forehead. I yawned as he caressed my cheek. "You tired?" I nodded.

"Okay lets go home. But first let me clean up."

"Okay." He picked up the mess, coming back to me once he was finished. He grabbed my hand as we walked out the door.

We stopped walking, so he could lock the door. We continue walking. We finally got to the house. Peeta unlocked the front door and opened it. I entered, Peeta closing the door behind me. I turned to him. "I'm gonna go shower. Wanna join?" He smirked and nodded. I grabbed his hand and lead him upstairs.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We both laid in our bed in our undergarments. He ran his fingers through my damp hair. I began rubbing my stomach. I looked up at Peeta and see that his eyes were closed. He was probably sleeping already.

I gently kissed his forehead and got off the bed. I slipped on some pants and put on a t-shirt. I slipped on my coat and headed downstairs. I put on my sneakers and headed to the kitchen.

I grabbed a piece of paper and pen to leave a note for Peeta just in case he woke up. I leave the note on the counter and exit out the door. I walked around the town and its around 8 o' clock at night.

There was only a few people walking around. I looked around and see people are closing and cleaning their shops. I needed this, some fresh air. I hear someone call my name. I looked around and I see no one, but the voice sounded familiar.

"Katniss! Over here!" I heard the voice again. I looked in the direction of the voice. I finally see the figure jogging towards me.

Anger began to boil inside me. The figure finally reached me. "Hey Catnip." Gale said, smiling. I looked at him dead in the eye. "Gale."

________________________________

A/N

OOOO CLIFFHANGER. Haha. Please leave a comment and vote. It would mean a lot to me. Also follow me! Remember I don't own the Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins does. Not me. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll post Chapter 6 tomorrow after Drama Rehearsal. K byeee.