Chapter Twenty: A Baby Shower With A Surprising Twist

Hello guyss!! I'm so excited for my Thanksgiving break. That means I'll get to sleep in and update more! :)

But for now, I have school. *sigh*

Can you guys pretty please keep voting for my story. I really want more votes and it would really mean a lot if you guys did vote. So please do. :)

This Chapter is gonna have a few small surprises and a REALLY BIG cliffhanger. I'm not saying whether it's good or not but this is a big cliffhanger.

This Chapter might be short too. It depends. I don't know.

Anyways here's Chapter 20! Enjoy! :)

______________________________

Katniss' POV:

*30 weeks*

"Alright, Haymitch and Peeta I need you two to go to the train station and grab some food platters that I ordered. Bring them here asap!" I hear Effie order them.

It is October 18th the day of my baby shower and Effie has gone way beyond crazy. She's bossing everyone around and being kinda..... bitchy.

Sorry to say it, but she is. I'm glad she's not bossing me around. If she was, she probably wouldn't be standing in my house right now.

Effie comes up to me and says," This baby shower is gonna be perfect. Don't worry, it will."

"I'm not worried." I tell her. She rolls her eyes and leaves. I scoff and continue eating the cookies that Peeta baked me.

She needs a couple muscle relaxers and sleep. She looks like she hasn't slept in days. I put away the rest of the cookies and I head back into the dining room.

I see James putting up decorations for the baby shower. "Hey James." I say sitting down in a chair. He looks at me and says,"There's the mother to be."

I smile and say,"Here I am." He laughs a little and says,"You excited to finally be a mom?"

"Im both excited and scared. I don't know how to be a mom. But I'm ready to become one." I say to him.

"Don't worry Katniss. I know you'll be the most wonderful mother ever." He says. I smile and say,"Thank you."

He smiles and kisses my cheek. "I'm gonna get more decorations. I'll see you in a little."

I nod and say,"Wait is your girlfriend coming? I sent her an invitation." He nods and says,"She will be there." I smile and say,"Okay."

He smiles and leaves. I get up and walk outside. I see Peeta and Haymitch coming towards the house with trays and trays of food.

"Hey. Do you guys need help?" I ask them. They both shake their heads and Haymitch says,"Don't worry sweetheart. We got it."

They both walk inside the house and I just shrug my shoulders. I walk inside the house and walk into the kitchen.

Peeta and Haymitch place the trays down and I ask,"Are you guys hungry? I'll make you guys some lunch."

"Sure." Peeta says as he kisses me. I hear Haymitch scoff and say,"Get a room." We look at him and laugh lightly.

"I'll make some sandwiches. Go finish before Effie has a heart attack." I say smirking at him. He laughs a little and kisses me again.

"I'll be back soon." He says to me. I nod and he leaves. I open the fridge and make ham and cheese sandwiches.

I place them on plates and Peeta and Haymitch walk into the kitchen with the last of the trays. They place them on the counters and I hand them their lunch.