Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

 AN: If you haven't read chapter seventeen, go read it first. This is the second update today, so you might miss it if you didn't pay attention. Oh and by the way, this story's almost done. Thanks for reading it up until now. :]

Alice’s POV

As the sun shines through the small opening on the window, I blink my eyes waking up.

I roll over to find the spot next to me empty and her back facing me as she sits on the edge of the bed.

“Cass…” I whisper guessing what’s going on through her head.

She doesn’t respond and only shakes her head.

I sit up pulling the sheets to cover my body feeling crestfallen.

“It’s okay…” I say again.

She tensed up and stood walking away from me towards her duffle bag taking some clothes out.

“Cass…” I try again as she pulls the shirt over her head.

She abruptly turns around and meets my eyes, rage clearly shown in them.

“What’s okay Alice? That I lost the love of my life for the second time? That I slept with my best friend’s sister because of it? That I used you, thinking that it would help me forget her?” She snaps at me.

“Well, you practically did forget about her for a few moments…” I solemnly reply not wanting her to know the screaming I’m doing inside.

“You don’t understand Alice! I love her…” She whispers the last part hugging herself for comfort.

I run my hand through my hair as I stand up pulling the sheets with me.

“What don’t I understand Cass? I know love because I love you, I know how painful it feels to lose someone you love because I lost you. I slept around a little because I thought it would help me forget you. What else do you think I don’t understand?” I snap back as I pick up the clothes scattered on the floor.

I pull the clothes on as silence fills the room.

“I shouldn’t have came back…” She sighs leaning on the wall.

I shake my head as I walk over to her.

I take her hands off her face and peer into her eyes waiting for her to push me away.

“Did you regret the moments you had with her?” I ask carefully.

She closes her eyes sighing as she shake her head signaling ‘no’.

“Did you regret getting back here, where you spent half of your life in?”