Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Year later

Alice’s POV

“Please step forward maam.” The police officer ask me and I step through the detector.

“You’re good to go maam.” He says again as he’s sure I would be of no threat and proceeds to the next person in line.

I look around at the busy station sighing slightly. This is so not my favourite place to spend a weekend at.

I walk anxiously into the room sitting on the chair waiting for the prisoner to arrive at the visiting point.

Sitting at the slightly cold room all alone waiting cause me to miss her badly, hoping that she could be sitting here right next to me, holding my hand to comfort me.

I really wish Cass was here, but she’s not. And I’m going to have to face this alone.

I am almost startled when the door on the other side of the room creaks open.

As the man walks in with an officer by his side, I tense up feeling slightly alarmed.

He smirks as if knowing I’m tense around him.

“Well well… guess who decides to show up here after a year?” He laughs wickedly as the officer leaves the room to give us privacy.

“Mr. Blake.” I curtly nod at him.

“Yea yea… Where’s that woman anyway? Is she dead? If so, then great!” He grins but it doesn’t reach his eyes.

My mind went back to that day when he shows up at school.

I unconsciously reach up to the stitches on the back of my head, remembering seeing fuzzy things and her body, lying cold on the floor. Covered in blood as screams were heard around us and the man’s shouting were heard.

I feel the tears threatening to fall as I remember how lifeless she looked when I held her.

How the line went flat on the screen that indicates her heartbeat.

Barely managing to hold it back, I look back straight to his eyes.

For the first time, seeing how tired and lifeless he actually looks.

“I’m here for the truth.” I say flatly.

“What truth?” He asks uninterested.

“Why did Ms. Richards leave Cass?”

As the words are spilled from my lips, he grits his teeth and glare at me.