Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Cass’ POV

~~~~~

“Why?” was all I managed to say.

She frowned at me. “I was taking my… child for a walk when I saw you standing there.”

She looked down at her feet hiding her eyes through her bangs.

I hesitated “Child?”

“Yes, I have a child. She’s 5 now.” She sighed then looked at me.

I looked away making her frown “Cassandra, I-…”

“Save it Mrs. Blake… I’ve forgotten all about it so, save it…” I cut her off, turning on my heel and walked away.

“Cassie…” She said  making me stop walking. “Angela Cassie Richards… That’s my daughter’s name… and I am Rebecca Richards now…”

“You are married… To Maximillian Blake. So you’re Rebecca Blake. Not Richards anymore.” I said as a matter of fact without turning around.

She sighed again. “I WAS married to Max. Untill I heard…” She trailed off.

I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but “ ‘Till what?”

“Untill you left… It didn’t last. All I could ever thought about was you.” She whispered.

I finally turned around and find that she haven’t moved from her spot.

“So?” I asked, my voice wavering a little.

“I-I’m not gonna ask you for anything Cassandra. I was the one at fault a-…”

“Damn yeah you were…” I cut her off again.

She sighed, “Cassandra, I just saw you and as your… High school teacher, I-…”

“My High school TEACHER??” I scoffed at her.

“Cassandra…” She sighed.

“More like my fucking-gay-turned-out-to-be-straight-and-going-to-get-married-gex-girlfriend-teacher!!” I yelled at her.

She winced but didn’t say anything.

“Well? Say something?” I said in a mocking voice and raised my eyebrow.

She rubbed the bridge of her nose, as she always did when she was stressed out.

“Okay, I’m your fucking-gay-turned-out-to-be-straight-and-going-to-get-married-gex-girlfriend-teacher, but I still care about you and I just wanted to know how you are doing after going off to England for 3 years for God’s sake!”