Chapter Thirteen

A week passed, and none of us heard anything from R again.
Friday night and I was alone in my apartment, which had been somewhat returned to its normal state.

Empty boxes of Chinese food lay scattered around the floor beneath me, but I didn't care.

I just wanted to find Cameron. We had gone to the police on Wednesday after hearing nothing from R or any of his goons, but they had done nothing so far.

My head shoots up from its place on the sofa when there's a knock on my door.
Instantly my heart was racing.

Hesitantly I get to my feet and make my way to the door. I open it the smallest amount to reveal a man in uniform.
I breathe a sigh of relief and pull the door fully open, smiling.

"Hi officer, what can I do for you?" The man looked familiar. He was big, with a shaved head and a strong jaw. But it's his eyes that get me. Steely blue and ice cold.

The officer stumbled over his words as he took in my appearance and I'm instantly uncomfortable, realising I should be wearing more than just an oversized sweatshirt Nash had left here.

The officer cleared his throat. "Uh yes, I was told that you reported a missing person two days ago?" He stared down at the pad of paper in his hand, not daring to look at me.

"Yes. Me and my friends did. Our friend Cameron has been kidnapped." The officer's brow furrowed and he glanced up at me.

"Do you have any information on his kidnapper? What they look like, the car they drive, anything at all could really help your friend."

"His name is R. Rex. He's pretty ugly. He's short, dark cropped hair, has his right ear pierced. He has a black stretch limousine..." I trailed off as the officer paled. "Are you okay?"

The officer nods, swallowing hard. "Yes, yes. Thank you for that information ma'am, we'll find your friend. There's nothing to worry about. Here's my number, call me if anything happens." He scribbles his number down on a piece of the pad paper and hands it to me.
With that, the officer turns and walks away, leaving me slightly confused.

I shut the door behind him and return back to my place on the couch.
I had nobody to call.
Caleb and Alyssa were off doing something together, as were Jack and Genevieve, and Nash... We hadn't talked since Wednesday.

There was something about that officer that was just too familiar to be coincidence. I would find out who he was, otherwise it would bug me forever.

A few minutes later, there was another knock on my door.
It's Nash.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, internally berating myself for not putting pants on when I had the chance.

His cheeks heat up, making his cobalt blue eyes stand out even more. "I uh, wanted to check on you."

It was my turn to blush now, as he pushed past me into my apartment. His fingertips brushed my bare thighs as he pulled me in with him, closing the door behind us.

"And because I want you." He crushed his lips to mine, pushing me up against the closed door.

I gasped, and he took it as a sign to deepen the kiss. Kissing is like a dance. It's art. Never perfect, but done correctly it would blow your mind.
Nash was blowing my mind.

One hand was up my shirt, caressing my ribs, the other held my leg at his waist, resting at the edge of my bum.

I whimpered as he pulled back and nipped at my neck with his teeth. I couldn't help but push myself into him, causing him to groan.