Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Nash ushered me into a seat next to a younger version of him, before sitting next to me himself. His step-mom and Cameron joined us, the table falling into an awkward silence.

"Uh everyone, this is my girlfriend. Willow," Nash introduced awkwardly, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, which I nearly shrugged off.

Waving shyly, I blushed at everyones eyes on me. "Hi, hello." I forced out a smile, somewhat comforted by Nash's presence.

"How old are you?" Turning, I saw I was being talked to by Nash's father, a hard looking man. I couldn't help but notice his eyes were the same bright blue as his sons', all four of them graced with the same hypnotizing hue.

"I'm eighteen," I answered honestly, only to get a grunt in response. How welcoming.

Nash's father reminded me of my own family, distant and uninterested. I could only assume he wasn't always this way; my folks were.

Nila excused herself to get dinner, what I guessed to be Nash's mom getting up to help. Their family was quite large, bigger than mine anyway. An older looking man sat across from me, the little blond girl from the photos seated in his lap. Also at the table were Nash's two brothers, who were watching me so intently it was creepy.

"Ignore my dad, he's always like this," Nash leaned into me and whispered, smiling apologetically and breaking me out of my trance. I shook my head, smiling back at him, before turning to his brother.

"I'm Hayes." I raised my eyebrows as he winked at me, Nash removing his arm from behind me to slap him upside the head. They were certainly something.

The table laughed, Hayes scowling at Nash before leaning in close to me. "See that? You don't want to date someone violent, the best option is to date me." He winked again, leaning back and smirking at Nash.

"Stop being a little prick Hayes," the oldest looking boy teased, elbowing him the the side. The little blond girl, who had been observing us intently, suddenly gasped.

"There's no need to call anyone names now, not in front of your sister." The little girls father I realised. The boys muttered apologies, still sneaking in the odd elbow or slap when nobody but me was looking.

"I'm Will. It's nice to meet you." The eldest brother lent around Hayes, reaching out a hand to me. I took it hesitantly, smiling slightly. "This is Johnnie, Skylynn, and our mom is in the kitchen, she's Elizabeth." Jonnie and Skylynn smiled at me, although Skylynn kind of looked like she was trying to eat me, and I wasn't sure if that was a cause of concern or not.

Nash's father hadn't been introduced, and I found my gaze wandering in his direction, quickly flitting away when I saw he was staring, very concentrated, at Nash and I.

This was so incredibly awkward. I had only ever met a boyfriends parents once before, and it didn't go so well. That relationship didn't last long, and I was worried that this one, as fake as it was, would go down the same path.

As I turned to Nash, I remembered Cameron was here, silent and uninterested. He didn't seem to like me, or anyone but Nash really.

"Is he okay?" I whispered to him, my eyes shooting to Cameron before back to Nash. Even if he wasn't, I doubted he would tell me.

Nash shrugged, before turning away from me. I sighed and sat back in my chair, watching everyone laugh, and talk. All of a sudden, I felt myself struggling to breathe. My heart palpitated uncomfortably in my chest, and my hands closed into fists. Oh no, not now, not again.

As the feeling of panic got worse, I turned to Nash, tapping him on the shoulder. He shrugged me off, not even bothering to turn around. Cameron though, briefly turned his attention to me. It was a millisecond, but it was enough to realise something was wrong.

I slid from my chair to the ground, my fingers starting to tingle and go numb. Feeling sick to my stomach, my ears started ringing and I clenched my eyes shut tightly.

Faintly I heard the sound of people talking in urgent whispers, but I couldn't focus on them. I felt someone kneel down beside me, and my eyes fluttered open to see Cameron staring down at me, concern etched into his carmel eyes. He lent me down onto my back, before turning and yelling something that was muffled to my ears. I gasped for breath, but no matter how much I breathed, I couldn't get enough oxygen.

As the worst part of my attack began, I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my face, or when my hand reached out for his in desperation. I thought I was going to die. But then I was being pulled up into his arms, a pill in one hand, a glass of water on the floor in front of us. My hands trembled as I tried to take the pill from him, but he swatted my hands away and gently opened my mouth, putting the pill on and then getting me to drink the water, all the while murmuring words into my ear that I couldn't make out.

I didn't know how long we sat there for, but it wasn't until I was calm enough to understand he was saying, "It's okay, you're safe, you're okay," over and over, rocking my back and forth, his warm breathing fanning over the back of my neck.

Distantly, I heard footsteps on the wooden floor behind us. "Is she okay?" I tensed as Cameron turned away from me, but he tightened his grip on my stomach.

"Yeah, she'll probably be asleep soon." Cameron turned back around, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I heard Nash sigh, and he came closer. "We should get her home." I felt Cameron nod, and suddenly I was swooped up bridal style into his arms.

They walked to the front door, only to be stopped by Nila. "Tell her not to be sorry when she wakes up, will you?" I heard Nash murmur something, and someone placed their hand on my cheek. "Poor thing," Nila whispered.

"We should get going." Cameron held me closer, and the door was opened.

I lent against Cameron's warm chest as he walked down the footpath, Nash opening the back door for him to put me in. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and knew that I would be out cold soon enough. They buckled me in, and someone sat beside me, allowing me to rest my head on their shoulder. I knew it was Nash by the way he smelt. Cameron smelt like Jasmine and soap, Nash smelt like Axe body spray.

None the less, I was held closer as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, the pills taking me under.

A/N

Hey guys, I had to re-write this chapter as it was deleted somehow, so I'm sorry it's so short. Grr. Anyway, if you liked this chapter, please vote and comment your thoughts! It means a lot. Thanks.

-M.G