Chapter Two

Chapter Two

As I shoved the door to my less-than-average apartment open, the sound of laughter drifted down the hall.

Great, I thought, Lani has a guy over again. It wasn't strange or unusual for Lani to have guys over, but at two in the morning it gets really freaking annoying.

I slammed the door shut and stomped down the hallway and into our lounge-kitchen to see Lani and some blonde dude sitting on our secondhand brown couch. Basically everything in here was from an opshop, which was great, but sometimes you just want to splurge on something new. Like the lights, for example, they were terrible. Fluorescent was never flattering.

I scowled at the pair of them, too entranced in each other to notice me standing there. I couldn't blame the guy though, I wasn't sure if Lani's shirt could get any more low-cut than it was. I watched as Lani placed her hand on his thigh, trailing her fingertips over the material there, her bottom lip slipping between her teeth as he talked, stumbling over his words.

"Hello." They jumped, clearly surprised, and turned to face me on the couch. Lani actually had the nerve to look pissed, and shot me a 'What the hell dude?' look.

"I think you should go." The blonde, clearly a jock, looked confused and kind of scared as I strode further into the room and heaved him up off the couch.

"Willow, what the heck are you doing?" Lani jumped up, rushing to stop me from pushing her newest conquest out the door and out of our lives. Yeah, she didn't succeed.

"Babe what's going on?" I rolled my eyes as he addressed Lani, but continued to push him out of our apartment. Lani reached for my wrist but I shook her off. I was sick of her doing this, it was my apartment too.

"You're leaving, even someone as daft as you should be able to understand that." I opened our door and pushed him out, giving him a sweet, fake, smile before slamming the door in his dumbfounded face.

"Willow!" I turned to face Lani, my eyes narrowing in anger. She sighed, tucking a strand of brunette hair behind her ear getting agitated. "Don't start, okay? I already know what you're going to say, and quite frankly I don't want to hear it," she spat out. She was known for her short temper.

"Oh yeah? Then why keep doing it? Seriously Lani, you need to stop sleeping around, because if you're not careful you're going to get in trouble, and in turn, you're going to get me in trouble." I followed her down the hall as she walked away, thinking that just because she was nineteen and I was eighteen that that gave her some control over me, but she wasn't my mother. "Listen to me! If this doesn't stop, then I'll just... I'll just have to find a new flatmate."

I had been following her down our hall and around our lounge, but it was in the kitchen that she finally stopped and spun to face me, her hazel eyes bright with rage. "You'll kick me out?" I sighed, instantly feeling guilty. Lani had been like me, parents that didn't care, nowhere to live, no money. Then when we'd met, we'd become each others rocks, but lately she had been getting insufferable.

"Just please, stop it, it's not good," I begged, my eyes pleading with hers. I couldn't take much more of her slutting it up.

I sighed as she turned and stormed away into her room, pausing to glare back at me before she slammed the door shut.

I lent against the plastic counter, a deep blue colour that reminded me of the nights previous events. I thought of Nash and the stupid deal he had proposed.

He could very easily just dob me into the cops, nothing was stopping him. Were those girls really that terrible to date? Well, when you looked at the kind of guy he was, anything that wasn't leggy and blonde wouldn't be good enough for him.