The Therapeutic Effects of Tea - Part 13

by sloanranger                                      

Part  13

Downstairs, Ernie was thinking of another problem he had to deal with soon - a fence to buy his stolen goods. He'd wrapped the goods in newsprint and put them in a suitcase on the top shelf of his closet.

The case was getting full and he had to find someone soon to take it off his hands.

He was very tired now but he knew what he was going to take, a pair of candlesticks on the sideboard in the dining room. They were good silver, very heavy...almost as heavy as his eyelids.

Suddenly his mind crystallized it's dominant desire: he was going to take the Daimler.                       

Everything in his head fell into place. He would take the stolen goods, have Aggie get her things ready and they would drive to Liverpool tonight.

He had a mate there that worked in a petrol shop, his mate should know someone who painted automobiles. With some paint and new license plates, no one could prove she belonged to anyone but Ernest T. Sibley.

The silver would give them a good start. They might even go on to Scotland. Glasgow was a big city, it had hundreds of motorcars. Aggie and him could get lost easy in a city of that size.

He would tell Aggie that the misses let him have the car on the cheap, it being too much for them to keep up. Agnes would believe just about anything he told her.

(To be continued).