Chapter#8

Not edited.

Fiza's POV:

"Fiza, Ami wants to talk to you." Ehtesham said coming into the room. I quickly put the pillow back on the bed and took the phone from him.

'Assalam o Allaikum Ami.''Wallaikum Assalam beta, how are you?'

'I am fine Alhamdulillah. How about you and Papa?'

I glanced at Ehtesham and found him looking through my bookshelves. I rolled my eyes when he took out the book which I wanted to remove from the shelf but forgot.

'Fiza? Are you there?' I turned my attention back on call.

'Ji? Ji I am here.'

'We will talk later on your phone. Ehtesham must be getting late for office. Allah Hafiz.'

'Allah Hafiz.'

"I didn't know you into such things?" He said waving the book 'Fifty shades of Grey' as soon as I ended the call.

"You don't know many things about me, Mr. Ehtesham Ghori and I am not into this type of garbage." I stomped towards him to return his phone.

"That's why you had the whole series?" He smirked.

"It was my friend's way of teasing me. I never read it." I give him his phone.

"Than why you still have it?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Just increasing my information about my wife." He shrugged

"Why suddenly become so interested in your wife?" I mocked.

"I want to see how many faces you are hiding behind this face of yours." He pointed his index finger to my face.

Idiot!

"I only have one face Mr Ehtesham. It's not my fault that you are blind." I said with a clenched jaw, "and besides, I never dirty my mind by reading and watching such stuff. Maybe that's why I know my limits and unlike someone didn't have any lover or boyfriend in my entire life." I said grinding my teeth.

"And you are referring to?" He glared at me.

"None!" I stared back in his eyes.

I know he got the point, the deep frown on his forehead is the prove. I was pointing towards his lover.

"Don't you dare to disrespect Sania ever."

"Sania?... Sania who?" I pretend not to know his lover's name. He clenched his jaw tight and left the room without saying anything.

I squeezed my eyes shut and open again. It was not my nature to say such hateful things but I hate when people judge me. I already have enough of this judgmental behaviour of others and I don't have the stamina to endure more of this.

~*~

"So, how is your married life going? Any progress with your husband?" Qudsia asked as she takes a seat on the dining table beside me.

Qudsia and I were best friends friend since our pre-school, which continues to college, university and even now after both of us got married. Her marriage was four months before mine and Alhamdulillah she is spending a happy married life. It has been a while since we met so I came for a visit because both kids left early today with their Mamo and Ehtesham left after our bickering, cursing me as much as he can. So I am free for today.

"What sort of progress are you expecting from our bogus relation?" I threw back a question at her taking a piece of cucumber in my mouth.

"Marriage is not bogus. It is genuine as any other relation of life. You are just not trying hard."