Chapter # 38

Unedited.

Sheheryar's POV:

"Why do you go there every weekend?" Mom asked me after Dad excuse himself from the dinner table. Mom keeps nagging about kids and Fiza since I come here, it is getting on my nerves now and I really want to leave as early as possible. To be honest I am looking for a chance to run away from here.

"To drop kids."

"They can go with the driver."

"I never hired a driver."

"You should now and there is no need to run all over the city for unnecessary things."

"Unnecessary things?" A frown formed on my face.

Is she referring to Taha and Sadaf as things???

"Yes, unnecessary things. You don't have to babysit-"

"Mom, I ask you to not bring up the kids and Safina again. But if you are still going to do it then I have to take my leave right now." I abruptly leave my seat.

"Sheheryar, listen to me." Mom rushed after me, leaving me no choice but to stop and listen to her.

"Beta, there is a girl I-"

"I will not meet anyone Mom." I hold her, stopping her from showing me the picture of the girl.

"How long will you plan to live like this? You have your own life too."

"I am aware of that Mom, as well as the fact that I cannot live my life as my own. So don't worry about me and stop looking girls for me."

"I will if you just tell me when you will be thinking about it seriously?"

"If I were to start thinking about this matter, I doubt that you will support me. So it's better to end this topic here."

"Don't bring up this topic, end up that topic. Who are you to boss me around and why are you pushing me away from you???" She shouted in anger.

Grabbing both shoulders of mine, she starts sobbing, "You are my son, my only child left. Why are you doing this? Don't you have mercy for your old mother?"

I stare at her in a startled state, it was the first time I have seen her crying but for some reason, it didn't have any effect as it should have. Her tears didn't melt my heart but still...

"Do you really want me to think about myself?"

"Yes." She said after wiping her tears.

"Then I need you to come with Dad and meet the family of the girl I am planning to marry."

"What?" She froze in her place.

"I have found someone and I am planning to marry her soon... Whether you or Dad approve it or not."

"W-why would we disapprove it." Her voice trembled, perhaps she was sensing that there is more about to come, "Who is she?"

"Fiza, Ehtesham's ex-wife." I said looking into her eyes, where can clearly see the castle of her dream crashing down and arousal of rage. Of course, she was planning to see a billionaire's daughter as her daughter in law but Fiza's family is nowhere near those types.

"WHAT???"

~*~

Fiza's POV:

"Sorry to disturb you this time." Said Sheheryar Sahab on phone.

If you realize then why do you call???

I wanted to say this but it will consider rude. Respect has its place, but at least he should use his common sense before calling me this late.