Chapter# 19

Ehtesham's POV:

"Listen Sania, I need to go. Fiza and the kids are waiting for me and it's getting late." I said, tilting my head to Sania so no one else could hear me.

"Just a few more minutes, please. Papa will be here soon. Meet him then you are free to go." She said, tugging my arm.

"I can't."

"Please... Please, please, please." She pleaded.

"Sania."

"You're worried about the kids na? Wait, I will send someone to bring them in. They could eat whatever they like." She quickly turned to find someone who could do the work.

Watching her retrieving form, I slid my hand into my pocket to take out my phone. I felt my phone vibrating earlier, Fiza must be calling me. But to my surprise, I found my pocket empty.

Where is my phone???

I quickly check all of my pockets but couldn't find it. Means, Sania has it. She often does it when she wants my full attention. I am so used to being touched by her that sometimes I don't realize whenever she takes my phone. I always find it sweet, how she is so close to me but it was before I got married. Now it just irritates me because whenever she touches me, my mind drifts to Fiza and an urge to be touched by her instead starts to emerge.

Shaking my head helplessly, I made my way outside. I don't want to depend on Sania for this. She hates Fiza's guts and is not very fond of the kids either, so it's better to handle this on my own. A frown formed on my face when I find my car empty.

Did they go inside????

I abruptly turn back and hurried inside. After searching for almost every corner of the farmhouse, I rush back to the main gate. My mind stopped working right. All I can think of is to find them.

"Sir, are you looking for someone?" I heard a voice from behind and turn back, to find a guard standing.

"Two kids and a woman. They were sitting in the car. Where did they go?" I asked, pointing towards my car.

"They left, Sir." He answered politely.

"Left? What do you mean by 'left'?" My frown deepened.

"They left as in they are already gone." My face snapped towards another voice.

"You can go now." Sania ordered the guard coming towards me.

"Why were you running inside out like a mad man?" She asked, slowly wiping the drops of sweat from my forehead with a tissue. "I just received a call from Sheharyar from your phone. He said that the kids and Fiza are with him."

"What?"

"Yes, I think he picked them up from here."

"What was he doing here?"

"I don't know. Maybe she called him?" Sania raised her brows.

I didn't say anything but perhaps the look of disbelief on my face said many things to Sania.

"Look, if you don't believe me, call him." She stretched out my phone to me, which I abruptly took and dialled Sheheryar.

"Hello Asslam o Allaikum?"

"Did you pick up my wife and kids?" I asked directly.

"Yes." He answered after a pause and I hung up. There wasn't anything else to listen.

I was staring at the phone in rage when it buzzed again. The name appearing on screen was Sheheryar's.

Why is he calling me again???