Chapter# 21

Fiza's POV:

"Fiza, have you contacted Ehtesham? When will he come?" Chachi asked me when I was boiling an egg for Taha.

"Um... yes. He said he will be here tonight." I lied to her and smile. She wasn't suspicious of anything like Chachu is and I hope she continues to be like this. If both share the same opinion, then I will be in so much trouble.

"Fiza?" Chachi shook my arm.

"Hm? Ji (yes)?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing. Just thinking about what my mother will be cooking for dinner." I winked at her.

"Prepare yourself for hotel food, in the end, this would be our fate." She smiled and left, leaving a smile on my face too.

My Chachi Nazia wasn't like my stepmother, who spends all her life in jealousy and thinks that the world only revolves around her. Yes, she has a few negative traits in her too but still, she is and always was to me. So it isn't my place to complain about her traits. Sumbul possesses the same nature as hers but his looks are of Chachu's.

My Baba Jani, Ashraf Salam has three two brothers, both of them are younger than him and Mazhar Chacu is the youngest. The other Chachu of mine is Izhar, but he doesn't see us anymore, too busy in his life with his family that the last time he showed his face was at Dada's (father's father) funeral. His wife, Ambar Chachi never came after Dadi's death. She is an American Pakistani, who doesn't like Pakistan but she loves our Chachu who is Pakistani, but by name now.

Anyways, so here we only have Baba Jani and Chachu as Salam's family sons. Unlike our Izhar Chachu, Baba Jani and Mazhar Chachu are very loving and caring. Baba Jani used to be overprotective of me, but that was before his second marriage. After he got married for the second time, he got busy with his wife and kids.

Nuwair hates Baba Jani since he heard the news that he got married and never contacted him after that. He proved himself a stubborn boy and well... so do I, once I realize that Baba Jani has others in his life besides me, I cornered myself and was embraced by my Dada, Dadi, and Chachu. The role of the overprotective father was taken over by Chachu, before he moved to a different city, after his second child, Asaaf's birth. That's why Sumbul and I are quite close to each other, even with our age gap.

After Dada's death, Chachu and Sumbul forced me to move into their house, but I refused. Not wanting to disturb a family due to my presence. Therefore I ended up alone. Still, the overprotective nature of my Chachu remains the same and what's more, he got the service of a spy. Yes, Sumbul it is. So I have no choice but to be over careful, from this couple of overprotective father and daughter. One single mistake, and everything will fall out of my hand.

I thought after marriage, things might change and I won't be lonely as always, I will have someone who would be mine without having to share and I don't have to corner myself from him. But life doesn't go as we plan. Allah listened to my half pleas. I am not alone anymore as I have Taha and Sadaf in my life, without having to share, but not that someone special.

"Sadaf, where is Taha?" I asked Sadaf who was trying to make a ponytail on Asaaf's head.

"Hush Apiya! Can't you see hairstylist Sadaf is busy? You are going to ruin a masterpiece." Asaaf frowned and I move forward to the next room, glaring at him.

"Taha!" I called his name loudly as I enter my room.

"Sssshhh! He is sleeping." Sumbul said, putting her finger on her lips.

"Huh?" I looked at Taha's sleeping form in surprise. He was shouting like crazy a few minutes ago because he wanted to eat a boiled egg.

Kids...