8 : 'Bike'

Chapter 8

"Ryder.." Hunter whispered from my side in Chemistry class, "Talk to me.."

"Why?"

"Come on, Ryder.." He whispered again.

"Don't talk to me so much, Hunter, people might talk..." I dramatized, "You don't want that, do you?"

Hunter didn't say anything after that. He kept quiet and when the class got over we both walked away angrily. It's Friday and the whole of the previous day we didn't speak at all. And it frustrated me more than it should have.

At the end of the day, when Alex and our friends had already left and I was about to sit inside my car, he showed up again.

"Fine, I'll take you.." Hunter stated.

"I don't know what you are talking about.." I said while opening my car door.

He closed it shut before I could enter, "I am saying, I will take you to my house.."

"I don't want to go.. Now, move.." I said angrily.

He came closer and stood in front of the door, "Please, Ryder..I'm sorry"

"People might talk, Hunter.. Move over.." I lightly pushed his shoulder, but he caught my wrist.

"Forget what I said last day.. Please.. Eve's waiting for you.." he pleaded softly, still holding my hand.

"Why do you care what Eve thinks? As far as I know you only care how people might talk about us.." I spat out harshly. I know it wasn't right to say that, but surprisingly he didn't react.

"Fine, you wanna fight?" Hunter clenched his jaw.

I looked away, not responding.

"Alright, then fight me in the car.." Before I could realize what he said, he pulled me along with him to his truck, "Get in.."

"I won't.."

"Ryder, don't force me to make you get in.."

"No, means no.." I crossed my hands above my chest.

"Okay" He didn't waste a second after that. Soon I was up in his arms. I clutched his t-shirt tightly while my heart raced fast. I looked up to his geeky glasses as he opened the door and put me down over the seat. A smirk appeared on his face as I glared unbelievably at him and he walked to the other side.

"What the hell did you just do?" I said after realizing that he did it in front of the school's parking lot. That means people saw, didn't they?