18 : 'Rebound'

Guys, I love you so much. I really do. The way you showed your love by voting in the last chapter really made me happy. Really. Muuahh!
But, guys! I need to sleep. I have posted back to back four chapters in four days.
So, this time around, I have an idea.
I will get my sleep, because I'm up-ing the vote count for this chapter to '500!'
Yup, that's right, 500 :D
And I know I won't get 500 within a single day, so I am off to a peaceful sleep. ;)
Good night 'Hunter-addicts', here's 'Rebound' :-

Chapter 18

(Wednesday)

"Hunter" I called out to him, when I finally found him alone for the first time this week.

He stopped but didn't turn to look at me, so I went ahead of him and stood facing him, "Can we talk?"

"Not now, Ryder" Hunter said still looking away, "I have-"

"You have got something to do, right?" I finished his sentence, "Let me guess, it's super important and it can't wait?"

He looked at me for a slight second and shrugged, "Yeah-"

"Stop it, Hunter!" I snapped knowing very well he was lying, "Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not- I have to-" He started walking again.

I stepped in front of him again, "Is it because of what I said that day?"

He looked away without answering.

"You haven't talked to me ever since. No texts- no calls. We said we'd never go without talking to each other-" I kept staring at him. But he was quiet. Holding his backpack in one of his shoulders he waited impatiently for me to leave him alone. It hurt to see him like that.

"Did I ruin it, Hunter?" I was almost on the verge of crying, "Did I really ruin our friendship?"

Finally he looked back at me. Staring right into me with those leafy-green eyes, he hardened his jaw and said, "Actually, you did, Ryder" I couldn't believe he would say that. "Now if you're done, I have to go-"

He stormed off even when I called out his name several times. I actually did ruin everything between us. And now, there was no going back.

(Sunday)

Since the day at the library, we didn't speak much. Actually we never spoke anything after that. He avoided me for five days straight, and after he told me that I ruined the friendship, I started avoiding him too. I never go to our favorite spots now. I had even stopped hanging around people too much. After losing Hunter, I realized that I actually didn't have that many friends to begin with. Sure I used to talk to everyone before, but that didn't make them my friends. They still do talk, but without Hunter, I'm actually quite alone.