26 : 'Lost'

This chapter would have been written in a much better way if I got more time. But since most of you just care about a updating, here it is!

Chapter 26

Hunter's POV :- ( ^_^ yeah, now love me more)

"She's leaving" Wells walked towards me as I walked out of the last class.

"I know" I walked ahead, trying to ignore him.

But Carter Wells was always very persistent. Otherwise, how do you think we became friends in the first place? Well, whatever! That was in my past.

"So go and stop her!" Wells looked angry.

"Wells-"

"You were the one to tell me to stay away from her since the first day" Wells started.

"And you listened?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"No, but I had my reasons" Wells raged, "She was lost. She tried to kill herself, Hunter!"

I stopped. I had heard this before from him, but still this sentence made me want to go back to Ryder and knock some sense into her. How could she even think of doing this? And for whom? For me? She thought I'm more important to her than her own life?

"I don't want to listen to it anymore" I murmured angrily. I needed to talk to Ryder about this. And until I talk to her, I was not okay to talk about it to anyone.

"Why? Clearly you care for her. You have always cared for her. You were the one to tell me to look after her when you saw how sick she looked. Not that I needed your advice, but still, that proves something, doesn't it?"

"I care for Amara too" I tried to justify.

"Yeah, to what extent?" Wells was determined not to let it go.

"Shut up, Wells! If you want her that much, why don't you go and stop her yourself?!" I grunted angrily. I checked my watch, I still had few hours left. I needed to talk to Amara.

Wells stared at me angrily for some time, "Amara doesn't need you anymore, Hunter! Amara can survive without you, stop-"

"You would want that, wouldn't you? I leave her so that you can go back to her-" I snarled at him.

"I won't" Wells promptly answered making me stop, "I won't go back to her. You happy with that? I would stop loving her if you want me to, so just go and stop Amanda. That's the one you love, don't let her leave-"

"Stop it, Wells" I looked away, "I know you still love Amara"