25 : 'Choose Me'

So, yeah! it was my birthday yesterday, that's why i couldn't upload.

Sorry for the wait and thanks to those who didn't curse me in their minds :*

and, i checked the comments, and someone said that this song aptly describe Amanda and Hunter. And omg! girl, you shouldn't have commented that. now I'm just listening this song in a loop! and it's so perfect for them.

Chapter 25

(Previously...during the Ball..)

He stopped and pulled me behind him to a quiet place in the corner, "Amanda, you aren't sure-"

I walked up and held his hand, "Carter, I am sure. Believe me, I have moved on"

He stared at me like he was searching for something, "I want to move on, too-"

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Hunter standing in the distance and watching over us.

Carter leaned in, holding my waist he pulled me closer for a soft kiss. I gave in.

When he moved away after the kiss I searched for Hunter. He wasn't there anymore. I didn't meet Carter's eyes for some times. I didn't know how to put this, but I think I made a mistake.

"I think we are really fvcked up, Amanda" I heard Carter say, and I finally looked up. He had a sad smile lingering on his lips as he leaned against the wall.

"What do you mean?" I asked, walking towards him.

He looked back at me, "You know what I mean- We would never work out until we can truly move on"

"Carter-" I didn't realize he would think the same way, "But we can try-"

"How long, Amanda?" Carter let out a dry laugh, "And how long would we pretend that we are happy to move on. Are you actually over Hunter?"

I bit my lip and stopped.

"As I thought" He said and I looked down in guilt. It's true. I still loved Hunter, even when I was with Carter, I still kept thinking of him.

"Hey, it's alright" Carter walked towards me and held my hands, "Maybe we were not meant to happen. Maybe you will be able to move on with someone else-"

"You don't get it, Carter" I shook my head in disagreement, "If I can't move on with you, I don't think I will be able to move on with anyone else"

"I know" Carter smiled, "We were perfect for each other. But- just that, we can't love each other"

"This shouldn't be happening" I shook my head.